Due to the low numbers at the tail end of the 2015/16 season, ALC will be running a consolidated programme this year. This means that:
• We will be training with RGU
• You will pay membership to RGU
• You will need to register with and pay Lacrosse Scotland BEFORE participating in any fixture
• We will participate in the LS Men’s & Women’s leagues as members of the RGU teams
• Where possible we will enter other events (Men’s, Women’s & Mixed) as ALC
• We have no formal committee structure for this season so it is up to everyone to chip in and help to ensure that we can regain our strength in numbers and hopefully go independent again in 2017/18
This information sheet hopes to summarise all the pertinent information for the coming season. Please note that information is correct as at 13/09/16 and is subject to change at any point.
• When: Wednesdays, from 21st September 2016, 6.00-7.30pm
• Where: Rubislaw Astroturf, Bayview Road South, AB15 4YT
Nothing booked as yet. Will update as and when information is available. If there is enough interest from ALC members (i.e. you) we could organise our own sessions and charge a small fee per head to cover costs [Hint: need a volunteer to organise this]
If you want to attend training, represent RGU in the league(s) and / or make use of RGU transport for away fixtures you MUST become a Community Member of RGU Lacrosse Club.
• Cost: £65 for the year (reduced to £40 or thereabouts if joining after Christmas)
• How: Go to RGU:Sport reception and sign up (not currently possible to register online, although we are working on it and will send the link if / when it becomes available)
• When: BEFORE 3rd training session or 1st fixture (whichever comes first)
Lacrosse Scotland Membership
If you want to participate in fixtures (leagues, tournaments, friendlies or other LS events) you MUST become a member of Lacrosse Scotland.
• Cost: £25 (adult), £18 (student), £15 (junior)
• How: Online at: http://www.lacrossescotland.com/page/membership/membership-packages-for-20162017/active-members-players-coaches-officials-9258/
• Which club: Please select Aberdeen City as your club (not RGU)
• When: BEFORE 1st fixture
It should be possible to secure transport through RGU for the majority of away fixtures. As long as you are a Community Member of RGU Lacrosse Club you can access this for no additional cost. Pick up will most likely be at RGU:Sport but times and venue will be confirmed for each trip.
Unfortunately we have lost access to the grass pitch at Rubislaw for this season, however the RGU Sports President has fortunately managed to secure access to Aberdeen University’s Astro for all of our home fixtures (Men’s & Women’s), however the availability is not great and some of these fixtures are likely to be scheduled for early evening (5.30-7.30pm) which may put off our opposition – we will have to wait and see what happens
• Where: Hillhead Centre, Don Street, AB24 1WU
Coaching & Officiating Qualifications & Courses #supportyourclub
Although we are not running as an independent club this season, we still need coaches & officials to share the responsibility with RGU at training and fixtures and also thinking ahead to next season and beyond (when we’re hopefully independent again). As LS members you will receive direct communications from LS which will include information about coaching and officiating courses – we strongly encourage you to attend. ALC has funds available to cover the costs so the only expense to you will be travel & time. Remember – the more people we have that are qualified to coach and / or officiate, the less everyone has to do! If you are interested but not quite sure please speak to one of the ‘oldies’ for some guidance.
Northern Lights (Women’s team)
Because both Aberdeen University and RGU have entered the LS Women’s League this season (and LS have scrapped the Mixed League) the Northern Lights team will only make an appearance on an occasional basis this season.
Communication & Contact Information
If you have a question about anything feel free to send an e-mail or raise it in the Facebook Group or WhatsApp Group and anyone that knows the answer can get back to you.
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/abdnlax (if you are on FB, please make sure you are a member of this group)
• WhatsApp group: if you are on WhatsApp and not already in the group please speak to Bex / Gil / Angie / Kirsty / Lucy and one of them will be able to add you to group
• Facebook page: www.facebook.com/abdnlax (if you are on FB, please make sure you like this page
• RGU Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/rgulacrosse (you may be invited to join this group at a later date to help with organising teams, but feel free to join now if you want to)
If there is a last minute cancellation (training or fixtures) we will mostly use Facebook and WhatsApp to let people know so if you are not currently on either we suggest you get on one or other of them so you do not miss any crucial updates!
We will use a number of methods to get in touch with you and share information with you, but as we do not have a structured committee this year the onus will be on you to make sure you respond to messages etc – we are not going to chase you as we do not have capacity.
We are not quite sure at this point how we are going to sort out the teams for fixtures as this still needs to be discussed with RGU.
Updated 20:46 - 14 Sep 2016 by Rebecca Lovie