Minutes of Forty Third Annual General Meeting Thursday 3rd. May 2018
Attendees: 59+ Full & Associated members
2. Apologies for absence:- Alan Francis.
3. Minutes of last AGM, held on 4th. May 2017, accepted as a true record. Proposed by Paul Pearson and seconded by Len Taylor.
4. RK thanked everyone for their attendance and gave his analysis of the year – Season 2017/18
5. There will be a Development Day on Sunday 10th. When it is hoped to agree a revised structure for the management of the club and prepare us for moving forward as a club. It should ensure we have a succession plan in place.
6. There will be a finance EGM, probably at the end of June to table the accounts for 2017/18. We will also discuss the proposal for players playing £10 / month to cover yearly subscription and match fees. We intend to propose no pay, no play regime.
7. The following were elected following votes where necessary Ray Kelly - Chairman
Steven Elsworth elected as President
Paula Atkin Honorary Secretary
Ian Lang Treasurer
1st XV Captain Ben Pearson
1st XV Vice-Captain Andrew Dalton
Talbots Captain Liam Cochran.
Hustlers Captain Chris Ralph.
Hustlers Vice Captain Brad Pluves.
Avengers Captain Christine O’Brien.
Avengers Vice-Captain Kim Calvin.
Committee Members: Ian McMullan agreed to continue to oversee international ticket procurement and distribution.
It was proposed by Andy Dunn and agreed by all that those nominated for any position in the club should, in the event of a vote, be allowed to speak for themselves.
8. Training for senior men will start on Tuesday 19th. June.
9. Ray thanked all of the volunteers who support Acklam RUFC. He also thanked everyone of the Supporters Club and encouraged others to please join.
10. As usual Paul Francis proposed 2 free pints for members. 1 pint was agreed !!
11. Here’s to the 2018/19 season – up the Ack!
Updated 14:35 - 4 Jun 2018 by Mark Collins