Totton Football Club was formed in 1886 and became one of the founder members of the Hampshire F.A. when it was inaugurated the following year, and was also one of the founder members of the New Forest League, formed in 1904. After the First World War they entered the Southampton Senior League and the New Forest League, and in 1920–21 joined the Hampshire League West.
The early matches were played at South Testwood Park before Totton moved to Testwood Park, on 30 December 1933. In 1975 they amalgamated with Totton Athletic, installed floodlights and opened a Club Room and Bar at the ground. Totton’s most successful season was in 1981–82 when they won Hampshire League Division 1 for the first time, the Russell Cotes Cup, Hampshire Intermediate Cup, Southampton Senior Cup, Echo Trophy, Reg Mathieson Trophy and the Eastleigh 6-a-Side Shield.
Totton became one of the founder members of the Wessex League when it was formed in the 1986–87 season, finishing 3rd. Although the league title has continued to elude the club, it has still performed well in cup competitions. The Medisport Wessex League Cup was won in 1989–90 and the Club was runners-up to Southern League Bashley in the Russell Côtes Cup in 1990–91.