Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Ashton United Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Ashton United
Mossley win 3 - 2 on penalties. Tue 3 Oct 19:45 - Manchester Premier Cup 17-18 Full time Attendance 137

Ashton lose on Penalties

Report by David Robinson

Mossley progressed into the quarter finals after a 1-1 draw in normal time at Seel Park. Ashton handed debuts to both goalkeeper Josh Ollerenshaw and right back Jack Slinn and the action got off to a dramatic start as the opposing right back Caldon Henson was dismissed in the first 5 minutes as he brought down Liam Tomsett, as he had a clear run on goal from Matty Chadwick’s flick.

A right wing cross for the hosts then saw Josh Granite just intercept in time with the loose ball falling for Rio Ahmadi to fire narrowly wide and Ollerenshaw’s unconvincing handling from a corner led to Cedric Krou firing over. A great pass from Tomsett then picked Dominic Smalley and his pass from the left wing was neatly finished by John Roberts, and the same player then went close again as Tomsett this time picked out his run.

A cross field pass then saw Adam Latham beat Slinn before being denied at the near post before Danny McLaughlin found Latham completely unmarked needing a low save from Ollerenshaw. Oppong then stepped inside on to his left foot and brought a fine save out of the Ashton keeper with a 25 yard piledriver. Just before the break Oscar Durnin forced an error from Quansah with Tomsett capitalising and as his shot rebounded off Martin, Alex Johnson fired over from close in.

Immediately on the restart Ali’s cross fell to Basic whose effort skimmed the bar before a sharp turn by Johnson saw his shot bring a low save out of Martin. The hosts then drew level as a long free kick from Howell was headed home by the unmarked Ahmadi and Mark Lees’ overlapping run then saw Dean help the ball into his own net with the offside flag rescuing him. With both sides searching for the winner Latham cross field pass found Ahmadi cutting inside before just missing the far post and Howell’s free kick saw Dean just fail to make contact close in.

Latham’s cross was then swept wide from near the penalty spot by Ahmadi before sub Jody Banim progressed through the midfield but put his chip just over the bar. The shootout then saw Mossley progress by 3 penalties to 2.

Team: Ollerenshaw (Povey 62), Slinn, Smalley (Johnson 34), Granite (Banim 77), Woodford, Platt, Lees, Tomsett, Roberts, Johnson, Chadwick. SNU: Olapede

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors