Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Bamber Bridge app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Bamber Bridge
Cleethorpes Town
Tue 25 Sep 19:45 - The Emirates FA Cup 18-19 Full time Attendance 315

Bamber Bridge 0 - 5 Cleethorpes Town

The road to Wembley comes to an abrupt end at the Sir Tom Finney Stadium.

Bamber Bridge’s run in this seasons Emirates FA Cup came to an abrupt end in Tuesday Evenings replayed tie at The Sir Tom Finney Stadium at the hands of Cleethorpes Town.

Having recovered from a 3-1 deficit in the first match in North East Lincolnshire on Saturday to force the replay, the visitors where in no mood to let it slip this time around, and dominated the match from start to finish, running out comfortable 5-0 victors.

Brig manager Neil Reynolds made three changes in the starting line up, bringing in Jamie Milligan, Chris Marlow and Hyuga Tanner from the start. Brig started quite brightly and pushed the visitors back in the opening 5 minutes. The first opportunity of the match however fell to Cleethorpes. A free kick in front of the dug outs was delivered into the area and on to the head of Oli Donald who’s effort just went wide of the post.

Bamber Bridge 0 - 5 Cleethorpes T (25/09/18)
20 photos

From this moment, Cleethorpes assumed control and took the lead on 13 minutes. Former Blackpool striker Scott Vernon firing home home close range as Brig failed to clear the ball into the box. Before Brig had chance to respond the visitors had doubled their lead. Man of the match Jon Oglesby who tormented the Brig defence all night striking a 16th minute shot to put The Lincolnshire side two nil up.

With Cleethorpes doing all the pressing, Brig were reduced to 10 men on 30 minutes. Michael Potts receiving a straight red card for dangerous play as he caught defender Paul Walker in the face with his boot while trying to clear the ball. Brig were forced to re adjust and Hyuga Tanner made way for Paul Dawson.

On 38 minutes the tie was effectively over as Cleethorpes made it 3-0. Oglesby grabbing his 2nd of the night, smashing a superb curling shot into the roof of the net.

Half time and Brig with a mountain to climb, 3-0 behind and down to 10 men.

Brig started the 2nd half well having made 2 further changes. James Boyd and Matt Dudley replacing Milligan and Marlow. An early chance fell to Boyd but his angled drive cleared the bar. The strength of the visitors back four was apparent as they constantly kept the Brig forward line at arms length, limiting the home side to efforts from outside the box. Matt Dudley and Ali Waddecar both had shots from distance but neither troub-led the visitors keeper.

Cleethorpes looked content to keep Brig at bay but on 67 minutes they added a 4th.

Tormenter in chief, Jon Oglesby, ending a fine passing move with his hat trick goal, leaving everyone within the ground in no doubt of the outcome of the tie. Cleethorpes however weren’t finished and on 69 minutes Oglesby smashed a terrific effort against the cross bar. The rout was completed in the 90th minute, Brody Robertson making it 5, long after many of the home supporters had left the ground.

Full time and a more than convincing victory for Cleethorpes Town who now have a home tie against National League North outfit Guiseley to look forward to. For Bamber Bridge, they have to dust themselves down and move on, starting with what looks a difficult home league fixture on Saturday when Stafford Rangers visit The Sir Tom Finney Stadium.

Bamber Bridge: Rigby, Potts, Marlow, Lawlor (Capt.), Charnock, Tanner, Waddecar, Forbes, Carsley, Milligan, White

Subs: Dogherty, Darr, Churchman, Dawson, Boyd, Roccia

Att: 315

Match reporter: Alan Bateson

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Videos and photos

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors