This years Bannockburn Rugby Club AGM will be held this Thursday 16th May (After the Kicking Cup)
This is a chance to have your say on how the season goes next year. Bring your voice, bring your opinions (Yes really)
and bring your boots for the Bannockburn Kicking Cup!
Fellas, it is important that you make it along to the AGM. There are a few important decisions that need to be made for next season, not least of which is choosing a new captain as Stuart Hugh is not standing for the position.
There will be a few short speeches and then we will all vote in members of the committee. The different positions and their responsibilities have been lade out below. If you would like to stand for one of these positions then please have a read so that you know what you are letting yourself in for. You can put your name forward on the night or beforehand. Either way you will need someone to second your nomination.
ON THE AGENDA:
This years vote on club membership for 2013-14 season. Membership charges have not increased for a number of years but will need to increase for next season to cover the costs of running the club. Current members must vote to accept these increases.
- £75 OR £6per month Direct Debit (£15 increase).
- £40 (£10 increase).
- £25 (£10 increase)
VOTING COMMITTEE & ROLES:
- Responsible for overseeing ALL
aspects within Bannockburn Rugby Club. Bringing in sponsorship, chairing committee meetings, building/maintaining links with/(in) the other clubs including those within St Modan’s.
– Supporting the President n his duties and also a link between players and the committee.
– Managing all income and expenditure, including banking arrangements. Managing legal requirements such as taxation and charitable status. Reports regularly to the committee/President on the club’s financial status, prepares /presents audited financial year end & report to AGM. Financial planning, budgeting and monitoring throughout the year.
– Being the first point of contact for all enquiries, responsible for dealing with the SRU, taking minutes at committee meetings, player registration, injury reporting.
– Organise social events for the club/organisation. Work closely with the Fund-Raiser to identify potential opportunities for arranging fund raising social events. Motivate club members (and non members, if appropriate) to attend social events. Help encourage new members into the club. Fine Master!
– These two roles have been combined. Now responsible for contacting opponents if alterations in match date or time are needed, arranging friendlies and confirming the referee for matches.
– Arrange training and encourage player attendance at training. Confirm player availability for (1xv) matches. In charge on match day.
(1xv) VICE CAPTAIN:
- Supporting the (1xv) Captain in his role.
- Encourage player attendance at training. Confirming player availability for (2xv) matches. In charge on match day.
- Supporting the (2xv) captain in his role.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS THAT DO NOT NEED TO BE VOTED UPON:
– The link between the Senior and Junior sections. Will be appointed by the Junior section.
– Responsible for team selection, injury reporting and submission of team-sheets to the SRU.
committee members are responsible for player recruitment and are required to attend monthly committee meetings.