Barwell Football Club

Barwell Football Club

Forum

Murray Dworkin Posted over 3 years ago
Murray Dworkin

Holwell Sports is pleased to announce that it has agreed to hold a testimonial match for long serving captain, David Saddington (31) who is fighting the effects of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Having been an ever present at the club for 12 years from 1997 to 2009, David has had to take much time off work and endure countless costly trips to and from painful therapy in hospitals, the club would like to help redress some of this expense and have set up what should be a great day to remember for David and his family.

Steve Walsh's Leicester City Legends, including greats such as Steve Guppy, Muzzy Izzet, David Oldfield and local goalkeeper Carl Muggleton have agreed to be the opposition for a Holwell XI picked by David for the day from players he used to play along side, mentor and coach in his 12 years at the club.

It is hoped that a bumper crowd will come along on Sunday March 18th at 3.00pm to support this worthy cause.

Entry will be by ticket at £4 each - details of ticket availability will be made in the next 7-10 days

[Post Edited Thursday 16th of February 2012 06:45 AM]

Murray Dworkin
Tickets are now available - either email me via the website or contact me at a match. I work with Dave's father and will get the tickets on your behalf.
Murray Dworkin
This match has been postponed as Leicester Legends had a previous commitment. New date to be arranged.
Murray Dworkin
Game now arranged for Sunday 15th April 2012
You Reply to this thread
Pitchero or click here to register and post your reply.