Get involved! Join this website to participate. Join Website
Codes Of Conduct - Coaches
- All rugby Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person with whom they work with and treat them equally within the context of rugby union;
- All rugby coaches must place the physical and emotional well being of all young players above all other considerations, including the development of performance;
- All rugby coaches should develop relationships with players that are based on mutual trust and respect;
- All rugby coaches must ensure that all activities undertaken are appropriate to the age, maturity, experience and ability of the young players;
- All rugby coaches must encourage young players to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance;
- All rugby coaches should encourage young players to enjoy themselves whilst playing rugby, including the philosophy of playing sport to participate rather than "win';
- All rugby coaches should clarify with the young players (and their parents/carers) what is expected of them both on and off the rugby field and also what they are entitled to expect from the coach;
- All rugby coaches should work in partnership with others within the game (officials, doctors, physiotherapists, sports scientists) to ensure the well being, safety and enjoyment of all young players;
- All rugby coaches must promote the positive aspects of the sport, e.g. fair play. Violations of the Laws of the Game, behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game or relevant regulations or the use of prohibited techniques or substances must never be condoned;
- All coaches must respect the decision of all playing officials.
- Mini Section - Adhere to the Continuum - it is the Law of the Game.
- Junior Section - Adhere to the Youth Structured Season