Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Belper Town FC app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Belper Town
Rugby Town
Tue 15 Sep 19:45 - Cup Full time Attendance 117

Belper knocked out of second cup competition in three days.

Belper knocked out of second cup competition in three days as they fall short at the hands of Rugby Town.

Rugby were comfortable throughout despite a premature comeback and late pressure from the Nailers, as they progressed to the first round proper of the Doodson Integro League Cup.

The Valley took the lead after half an hour when forward David Kolodynski tapped in from close range following a centre from strike partner Callum Powell.

Belper responded well and got back on level terms just minutes later, Rob Stevenson pounced from a corner and headed in after Lee Cooksey and Evan Garnett disrupted the Rugby defense.

Rugby retook the lead almost instantly, Powell got himself on the scoresheet, side-stepping a couple of Belper defenders and confidently finishing past Nailers’ keeper Danny Haystead.

Haystead could do nothing to stop Rugby taking complete control and making it 4-1 within fifteen minutes of the restart, the impressive Powell grabbed his second of the game with another accomplished finish after he had been slipped through by substitute Harry Holloway.

Kolodynski also secured his brace, Powell again inflicting the damage on the Nailers as he took advantage of a loose ball and squared to his strike partner who finished emphatically.

Belper rallied late on and almost completed a memorable comeback, Stevenson grabbed his second of the game after he collected the ball from Jonathan Williams and smashed the ball home from the edge of the box.

Williams then got himself on the scoresheet to set up a nervy finish to the game, he superbly curled the ball into the top corner after it fell at his feet just inside the box.

Late pressure from the Nailers did not pay off and Rugby held on to secure their place in the next round of the League Cup.

Belper Town: Haystead (GK); Purcicoe (Marshall 13’), Cooksey, Watt, Matthews; Towey (Johnson 13’), Wilson (Capt.), Williams; Garnett (Wedderburn 75’), Stevenson, Fairclough.

Unused subs: Vickers, Taylor.

Rugby Town: Bodycote (GK), Mullarky, Kelly, Towers (Capt.), Rowley (Holloway 52’), Ryan, Parker, Glasscote, Kolodynski, Powell, Whiteside (Tellyn 62’).

All subs were used.

Attendance: 117

Referee: Liam Jones (Hucknall)

Assistant referees: David Hunt (Mansfield) & Kevin Guise (Nottingham)

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Videos and photos

15.09.2015 Rugby Town
31 photos
15.09.2015 Rugby Town

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors