Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official BELPER UNITED F.C app

View

Club History

Belper United came into formation around the early 1920’s but there are no records, only photographic evidence exists, and it is believed the club folded in the late 1940’s.

In 1969 local players Frank Watson and Dennis Carter merged Milford Sports and Belper Park Rangers to re-form Belper United. During the seventies and mid-eighties the club enjoyed many succesfull periods firstly under Frank Watson then later under Ian Sinclair and Glyn Carter.

During the Nineties the club had more success, but towards the turn of the century United had a more turbulent time with the club only fielding one side and players and managers alike drifting in and out of the club.

David Poplar and Glyn Carter took the helm and restored the club’s reputation very quickly, and at this time re-formed the reserve side and the seeds of a stronger committee were set.

For the 2011/12 season the club moved from the ailing Midland Regional Alliance and joined the Central Midlands South League and without doubt the club has made massive strides during the past two years.

Last season under Steve Watson and Paul Postlethwaite the first team finished third in the league, whilst the reserves under Darren Mayes and Mark Bailey had a fantastic season completing a league and cup double.

Phil Alcock was appointed goalkeeping coach and press officer during last season, whilst Dougie Rowland has taken over as first team physio as the club looks to move forward, having taken the bold move of playing home games at Christchurch Meadow home of Belper Town. It is hoped this move will enable United to attract more quality players to the club, in the push to improve on last season’s third place.

Internationally renowned but local boiler maker Vaillant have become Shirt Sponsor as the club embark on a challenging next few years. The highlight will be the club’s first appearance in the F.A. Vase away at Clipstone.

Video Advertising

Affiliations

Club sponsors