To Players, Members, Supporters and Visitors
Our members are encouraged to comply with, and remind others where appropriate, of the provisions of the Code of Conduct set out below. The information applies to ANY/ALL matches involving Blackburn Rugby Union Football Club either at home or away.
1. Whereas fair comment and amusing banter may enhance the atmosphere of a game, no supporter should abuse, threaten or intimidate a referee, touch judge or other Match Official, whether on or off the field of play.
2. No supporter should use crude or abusive language or gestures towards any players, referees, touch judges or other Match Officials or spectators.
3. Children are welcomed to support Blackburn Rugby Club and are the future of the Club. Supporters should be aware of the likelihood of younger supporters around them at games and moderate their behaviour and language accordingly.
4. No supporter should do anything which is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, humiliate or discriminate against any other person on account of their religion, race, colour or national or ethnic origin.
5. All supporters are encouraged to set an example for sportsmanship. For example - applaud good play by all, remain silent during penalty and conversion kicks by both teams, and applaud all players and officials off the pitch.
6. In the interests of safety and to meet the RFU rules, all non players, officials and supporters must remain behind the barriers around the playing area, or a minimum of 2 metres from the touchline were there are no barriers.
7. Any spectators observed or reported abusing officials or players will be asked to leave the playing area and will be subject to censure by the BRUFC Committee which may lead to permanent suspension.