Ian Dodd (Club Chairman)
Russ Woodward (1st team captain)
Melanie Sanderson (Minutes)
The Chairman opened the meeting at 730pm and thanked all present for attending
• Minutes of previous meeting 6th September 2011 were accepted as a true representation of the meeting. Proposed by SW seconded By RW
• No information available, we still require the tavern diary to be available at all times.
4 games played, unfortunately all defeats. For the away games played we have had reduced numbers, which is disappointing. Last Saturday’s home match was winnable, however the participation of some of the visiting Thornton spectators and the referee not attending contributed to our loss.
• Baz Tucker has moved to Thornton 3rds, Chris Parlour is now playing for Ormskirk.
• Last Sunday saw 3 teams travel to Rossendale. Tag took 5 players, Rossendale lent us players and it was enjoyable for the kids. The under 10’s played their first contact game but lost 3-2. The under 12’s lost 35-33, it was a very close good game. The only negative point was our 3 teams were not on nearby pitches, which caused issues for some parents.
• The numbers for under 13/14 team are increasing so were should have a team for this age group shortly.
• More coaches are needed for the junior section.
• Junior social night will now be a bonfire night celebration only, not Halloween dress up due to safety issues. Senior members are welcome.
• The juniors are to have a make a guy competition.
• Colne visit a week Sunday.
• We are getting good responses from the adverts in The Link.
• Next Junior meeting on Thursday evening.
• The club’s finances were discussed.
• The senior players need to ensure they have all paid their annual club fees, which are now overdue.
• Ian Potts is still overseeing the payment of bills; however we still require a treasurer urgently.
• Last Saturdays function was cancelled due to lack of numbers; it is felt the senior players are not helping to support the club enough.
• A players meeting will be held prior to the next home game on 15th October at 1pm to discuss club issues.
• Junior night on 5th November
• SW suggested the social diary be available on our website, but open to committee members only.
A letter has been sent to global Renewables, we are awaiting a reply.
• The grant application is at a standstill, we are waiting for the auditor to return our books.
• We could look at becoming a registered charity, however we would need someone fulltime to look at the accounts to apply for tax relief etc. CS to look into this.
• Sale Sharks have offered us 50 tickets for their match against Leicester Tigers; if we sell all 50 we get a % of the sale price back for club funds. Prices are £25, £14 concessions and £9 for juniors. SW to put up posters.
• ID to contact Ian Potts to find out about the £350 deposit for the new kit.
• SW asked if we had heard from the solicitors again regarding the claim, no other correspondence has been received.
• MS commented on Peter Cummings attending last Saturday’s game which he really enjoyed, however he commented on the lack of disabled access to the clubhouse.
Date of next meeting 1st November at 730pm
Meeting closed at 8:25pm.