Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Bognor Regis Town FC app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Bognor Regis Town
C Field (9' OG), Unknown (41', 68')
Full time
H Whyte (19'), J Muitt (45' Pen), B Lethbridge (81')
Mon 27 Aug 15:00 - The Bostik Football League - Premier Division Attendance 873

Six Goal Thriller @ Lewes.

Rocks Are Still Unbeaten.

Bognor came from behind on three occasions to draw at the Dripping Pan on Bank Holiday Monday.

Goals from Harvey Whyte, Jimmy Muitt and Bradley Lethbridge was enough to give Bognor a share of the points in East Sussex.

Keaton Wood was still missing from the Rocks line up following his twinge hamstring injury in the warm up at AFC Hornchurch on Saturday, meaning Corey Heath got another start in the first eleven.

Bognor were in the search of more points on their travels as they visited the Dripping Pan for this Sussex derby match on Bank Holiday Monday.

Kieran Magee stepped into Bognor's goal as Dan Lincoln was absent due to cricketing duties.

Dan Smith was also missing meaning Bognor were without their leading goalscorer so far this season.

An early foul saw Leon Redwood win a freekick. Doug Tuck hacked the ball out from the low freekick though.

Bouwe Bosma smashed one wide of the left post which ended up hitting the corner flag as he struck it from outside the box on five minutes as Lewes were playing well.

Mason Walsh worked his way through on the left before shooting on the edge of the box dipping for Lewis Carey who pushed it out to Bradley Lethbridge who shot once and then a second time but was denied on booth occasions by the goalkeeper.

Lethbridge had another shot denied before Lewes had the ball in the net on nine minutes.

A cross from Monte Smith was diverted into his own goal by Chad Field as the ball spun over Kieran Magee and into the net.

Heath got in the way of a Smith shot as he blocked his low attempt and fell on the ball sparking appeals of handball in the area but the claims were ignored.

Brinkhurst spotted Blewden's run with his pass.

Blewden's strike was deflected into the arms of Magee on 16 minutes.

Then Smith forced Magee into a decent save before Rocks got the equaliser.

Lethbridge made his way to the edge of the box before hitting a low shot and then it bounced off the post and fell to Whyte who tapped home on the rebound on 19 minutes.

Soon after Brinkhurst picked out Smith again but he was denied again by Magee who had stepped up hi game since the first goal.

Then Walsh was searching for Whyte with his left sided cross but Carey got their first on 24 minutes.

Magee was called into action again when Conlon's low trike saw him have to stick his right leg out to deny him following a Brinkhurst cross.

Whyte caught Smith in the middle of the park with a foul before Magee had to punch away a long range floated ball into the area.

On 41 minutes Lewes had taken the lead again when a corner by Ronnie Conlon flew over Magee and as the ball bounced out it was Smith who struck it low at goal.

Davies was on the line to boot it out again but the ball had crossed the line.

But Bognor didn't give up. Tuck's pass split the defence for Muitt to run onto and his speed saw him get to the ball first before Carey who had rushed out of his goal.

He was deemed to have fouled the forward in the corner of the box.

The referee ran from the halfway line before confirming and pointing to the spot.

Muitt stepped up on 45 minutes to send the goalkeeper the wrong way to level it again.

HT 2-2

Bognor made a change as Tommy Scutt replaced Heath at half time in a tactical change.

The Rocks defence managed to clear a cross before Magee caught a Redwood left sided cross.

Then Lethbridge scuffed his strike along the deck and it was easily saved by Carey on 48 minutes in end-to-end action.

Archie Edwards's cross from the left was too much for Muitt on the back post soon after before Edwards's slip up down the other end was fortunately called back for an offside decision.

A penalty appeal went unnoticed soon after down the other end as Field was involved but the Bognor defence cleared the danger and play continued.

Bognor were allowed to play football for large periods with Lewes sitting back and letting pass it.

A ball out to the left for Edwards saw him run down the flank before crossing to Scutt who could only glance it well wide of the goal with his header.

Michael Dome-Bemwin received the first booking for a foul on Tuck in the middle of the park soon after.

Harvey Sparks replaced Walsh on 61 minutes to freshen up play on the left side.

Muitt hit the advertising hoarding before going to ground again near the corner flag on the other side.

Conlon made his way down the left before crossing low into the box but Tuck and Field were there to kick it back out of play.

Lewes made it 3-2 when Smith ran through on the right before smashing it high into the net on 71 minutes – this coming shortly after Lethbridge had curled over the bar at the other end.

Magee pushed away a cross from the right and then Conlon with his cross in was headed away before Davies received a booking before Bosme also went in the book.

Bognor equalised with a fantastic bit of individual play from Lethbridge who turned and shot from 25 yards and into the net.

Very similar to Smith’s finish for Lewes just minutes before.

In off the post the Bognor fans celebrated that goal passionately.

Magee spilled a cross from the right before Smith could get to it before it went off for a goal kick.

Whyte was booked for a late challenge late on as Dome-Bemwin was tripped before Field cut out a Redwood cross with a header.

Right at the end Bognor's Davies went down holding his face for some trouble off the ball and then Stacey Freeman was also shown yellow.

The goal action had lessened at this point and the referee was struggling to control both sets of players.

There was confusion at the end as to how much time would be added onto the game. In the end the referee confirmed it would be three minutes of additional time in which both sides couldn’t find the net for a fourth time and so the Sussex Derby ended in a draw, meaning a share of the points.

Bognor welcome Kingstonian next to Nyewood Lane on Saturday 1st September with a 3pm kick off.

The management team will hope that their team will be back to full strength for that game, having only been able to field three substitutes against the Rooks.

FT 3-3

Match Report by Liam Goodley

Report Courtesy of the Bognor Regis Observer

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Key moments

Own Goal Chad Field scores an own goal
Goal Harvey Whyte scores for Bognor Regis Town
Goal Goal for Lewes
Scored Penalty James Muitt scores a penalty for Bognor Regis Town
Goal Goal for Lewes
Goal Bradley Lethbridge scores for Bognor Regis Town

Videos and photos

First Half Vs Lewes 27/08/2018
92 photos


View 0 new events
90:00 Yellow Card
Bradley Lethbridge is yellow carded for Bognor Regis Town
90:00 Yellow Card
Yellow card for Lewes
85:00 Sub Off
Substitution off for Lewes
85:00 Sub On
Substitution on for Lewes
81:00 Goal 3 - 3
Bradley Lethbridge scores for Bognor Regis Town
79:00 Yellow Card
Yellow card for Lewes
79:00 Yellow Card
Calvin Davies is yellow carded for Bognor Regis Town
70:00 Sub On
Marley Ridge is substituted on for Bognor Regis Town
70:00 Sub Off
Substitution off for Lewes
70:00 Sub Off
Archie Edwards is substituted off for Bognor Regis Town
70:00 Sub On
Substitution on for Lewes
68:00 Goal 3 - 2
Goal for Lewes
60:00 Sub On
Harvey Sparks is substituted on for Bognor Regis Town
60:00 Sub Off
Mason Walsh is substituted off for Bognor Regis Town
56:00 Yellow Card
Yellow card for Lewes
45:00 Scored Penalty 2 - 2
James Muitt scores a penalty for Bognor Regis Town
End of period 1
41:00 Goal 2 - 1
Goal for Lewes
19:00 Goal 1 - 1
Harvey Whyte scores for Bognor Regis Town
9:00 Own Goal 1 - 0
Chad Field scores an own goal
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Lewes
  • Bognor Regis Town
  • 0
  • Chad Field Own Goal 9:00'
  • Harvey Whyte Goal 19:00'
  • Goal 41:00'
  • James Muitt Scored Penalty 45:00'
  • Yellow Card 56:00'
  • Harvey Sparks Sub On 60:00'
  • Mason Walsh Sub Off 60:00'
  • Goal 68:00'
  • Marley Ridge Sub On 70:00'
  • Archie Edwards Sub Off 70:00'
  • Sub On 70:00'
  • Sub Off 70:00'
  • Calvin Davies Yellow Card 79:00'
  • Yellow Card 79:00'
  • Bradley Lethbridge Goal 81:00'
  • Sub On 85:00'
  • Sub Off 85:00'
  • Bradley Lethbridge Yellow Card 90:00'
  • Yellow Card 90:00'

Team selection

Magee, Kieran Magee, Kieran
Edwards, Archie Edwards, Archie
Davies, Calvin Davies, Calvin
Lethbridge, Bradley Lethbridge, Bradley
Field, Chad Field, Chad
Tuck, Douglas Tuck, Douglas
Heath, Corey Heath, Corey
Block, Tommy Block, Tommy
Walsh, Mason Walsh, Mason
Whyte, Harvey Whyte, Harvey
Muitt, James Muitt, James

League round up

Other Premier Division results

AFC Hornchurch
Carshalton Athletic
Dorking Wanderers
Folkestone Invicta
Bishop's Stortford
Haringey Borough
Wingate & Finchley
Burgess Hill Town


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Haringey Borough 26 52
2. Dorking Wanderers 25 47
3. Lewes 25 44
4. Kingstonian 26 41
5. Merstham 25 41
6. Bognor Regis Town 26 40
7. Folkestone Invicta 26 39

Team sponsor


Club sponsors