Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Boldmere St. Michaels FC Official app


The Mikes - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
AFC Wulfrunians
The Mikes
Sat 13 Aug 15:00 - League Full time Attendance 71

REPORT: AFC Wulfrunians 2-0 The Mikes

The Mikes return from Castlecroft empty-handed.

A Marvin Robinson brace made it a disappointing opening to the league campaign for the Mikes who trailed to an early goal from the home centre forward and despite having more than an equal share of the possession finally succumbed to a stoppage time second.

Manager Stuart Grosvenor announced an unchanged line up following the FA Cup success at AFC Bridgnorth whilst Liam Maher took his place on the bench as the second goalkeeper following his close season return to the club.

Looking resplendent in their new neon green away strip the Mikes struggled to string the passes together in the opening period although there were half hearted appeals for a penalty for hand ball following a Stuart Capaldi header.

The home side came more into the picture as the quarter hour mark approached and Nick Cleary acrobatically cleared a dangerous cross from King as Robinson threatened. From the resultant play the same player cleared a goal bound header from Dodds off the line. Wulfs would not be denied and from a right wing corner Robinson towered above Harry Craven and headed powerfully past the helpless Lewis Fenney.

The Mikes although stunned by this setback continued to have plenty of the ball but good chances were few and far between. Capaldi sprung the offside trap to latch onto Keenah Rosser’s through ball but his attempted lob was thwarted by the onrushing Moreton. Ged Oldnall fired tamely wide and also just failed to meet a Capaldi cross leaving the Mikes still adrift at the interval.
On the resumption Roland Agbor replaced Anthony Juxon who had taken a knock in the pre-match warm up. His energetic style looked just what Boldmere needed to get a foothold back in the match although as the match progressed this was not too apparent. The Wulfs looked dangerous on the break and Webb fired wide when well placed and Rosser won a brilliant far post header to clear his lines when under severe pressure.

Skipper Joe Smith shot wide when set up by Agbor before the hard working Capaldi and the disappointing Oldnall were replaced on seventy minutes. Alex Forde came into the middle of the park with fellow substitute Jack Skinner joined by Agbor up front.
Both Skinner and Joe Halsall shot wide as the Mikes pressed hard for the equaliser but with time running out Moreton in the home goal had been rarely called into action. To rub salt in the wounds deep in to stoppage time Robinson added a second racing through a sparse defence to clip past the onrushing Fenney to complete a disappointing afternoon.

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Nick Cleary

Player of the Match

Nick Cleary

Team selection

Only authorised club members can view team selection.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors