Bracknell RFC

Bracknell RFC

Forum

The Real Hummers Posted over 2 years ago
The Real Hummers

There was a good article in the Bracknell News a few weeks ago with our own Al Leishman – for those that have not see it, the link is below.....

http://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/sport/rugby/articles/2012/04/26/59028-leishman-leaves-bracknell-rfc-with-no-regrets/

"ALAN Leishman has confirmed that he will be not be continuing his role as Bracknell RFC head coach next season.
A former Bracknell forward, Leishman took over the reigns in November alongside Carson Russell following an inconsistent start to the campaign.
But although the duo enjoyed immediate success in their first home match, they were ultimately unable to turn the fortunes of the club around.
Just three wins followed the success against London Irish Amateur in November - not enough to prevent Bracknell avoiding relegation from National Three South East.
And with a disappointing season now at an end, the club are inviting applications for the position of head of rugby, with Russell still in contention but Leishman stepping away.
"Maybe Carson will stay on, I'm not sure at the moment, but I'm standing down from my position and won't be re-applying," Leishman told the News.
"It's up to the club now to look at the candidates who have applied and who they want as head coach. It's a work in progress, we said at the start that it was a five-year plan and that is still the case.
"I've no regrets about it, it was an experience for me and unfortunately it didn't go according to plan. But the club needs to appoint someone who will steer it in the right direction, to invest in the squad and also the youth and make sure that players stick around."
Looking back at the season, Leishman admitted that it was the away form and inconsistency that ultimately cost Bracknell, with their only win on the road coming on the penultimate day of the campaign.
"We've played well for 50 minutes of games but it has been our away form that has cost us, one win away from home is not good enough," he said.
"I've given it a good go but it has been limiting with the resources and players that we have had, we haven't recruited much over the last three or four years.
"Another problem has been the different teams, the seconds don't play in a league and the thirds do, which has made it difficult. The sooner they get all three teams playing together the better."
Bracknell ended their league campaign with a 35-15 defeat at home to Dorking last weekend but could still end the season on a positive note as they are involved in the Berkshire Cup semi-finals.
Unfortunately, even that has proved problematic for Leishman and his side, with opponents Reading Abbey refusing to play last Sunday and also not wishing to play on Bracknell's pitch.
Their appeal to the Berkshire Rugby Football Union for a rematch, though, was unsuccessful, meaning Bracknell, who have not played a match in the competition, will host Redingensians in the final on Sunday (2.15pm ko).

You Reply to this thread
Pitchero or click here to register and post your reply.