The Rugby Football League through the Yorkshire Development Team is offering an exciting and challenging opportunity for two students to gain first-hand experience at
co-ordinating events within a sports governing body. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wishing to undertake a career within sport or event management in the future.
The opportunity is a 10-12 week voluntary placement, based at the RFL Headquarters in Leeds, where the appointed candidates will learn how successful events at community levels in Yorkshire are organised. The candidates will also be assisting in co-ordinating and leading key events such as the RFL’s flagship Carnegie Champion Schools Programme
In order to be successful you need to:
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
• Communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
• Be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power-point.
• Possess good timekeeping.
• Hit deadlines.
• Pay attention to detail/quality work delivered.
• Work on your own initiative when needed and possess a creative mind.
• Possess a calm, friendly manner and the ability to work with colleagues and external clients (adults and children alike).
• Have a basic understanding of event co-ordination
Working in such an environment offers massive opportunities to become established within the event industry. The role also offers the student the chance to work with large external clients, the Media, Rugby League Professionals, Clubs and RFL staff.
Volunteering with the RFL will offer the opportunity to become involved in the prestigious Carnegie Champion Schools programme at Local, Regional and National level as well as learning about the promotion and publicising of events. The successful students will be mentored throughout the process by senior members of the Regional Development Team.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity, or wish to forward your CV, then please contact: Mick Heptinstall, Regional Development Officer
RFL, Red Hall, Red Hall Lane, Leeds LS17 8NB.
t: 01132 375507
Closing date: Monday 5th March 2012.
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the role we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats.