This Sunday 3rd September sees the start of the 2017/18 Age Grade Rugby Season and we look to welcome back existing players as well as new ones. Our Sundays sessions start at 10.30am for Mini & Juniors. Our minis are at home for September and start their friendly away fixtures in October but our junior start games in the next few weeks due to their Lancashire Cup games.
Teams U9 and up, who play the contact game rather than tag also train on Wednesday evenings between 6-7pm, depending on their age grade.
Please visit the appropriate team page for information or e-mail: - firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
For more detail on Age Grade Rugby visit see: -
We signed up last season as an Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Rugby Club, following being part of the successful pilot and are proud to be taking this forwards; developing our youth players both physically and socially though this inclusive game.
What is Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Rugby?
Old Mutual Wealth Kids First is England Rugby’s approach to rugby for 6-13 year olds. It gives children the opportunity to prosper by fostering an environment for having fun, learning and building confidence.
It’s all about helping children develop and learn the game at their own pace, and making sure they have plenty of fun while playing. Englad Rugby have asked rugby centres across the country to take the Old Mutual Wealth Kids First pledge to commit to a range of high quality standards. They are asking clubs and schools to commit to;
• Put children at the heart of everything we do and all the decisions we make.
• Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
• Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for kids.
• Develop children’s confidence and character as players and people.
• Champion rugby’s Core Values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and our sport.
For more information on Kids First Rugby please visit: -
Updated 05:17 - 3 Sep 2017 by Phillipa Ranson