New RFU Age Grade Codes of Practice - Are you in?
Please take time to read the new England Rugby Codes of Practice which offer further guidance and support to Regulation 15: Age Grade Rugby, a downloadable version can be found here - RFU Codes of Practice 2017 - 2018
Delivery of the Codes ensures a focus on the wants and needs of the Age Grade player. They ensure that every player, regardless of ability, maturity or size, develops not only their rugby skills, but wider personal and social skills, increasing their enjoyment and supporting their transition to the adult game.
The Code provides support and guidance to coaches and teachers in:
• Developing the whole player – to ensure holistic player development
• Playing and training frequency – to address over and under playing and ensure a balanced rugby programme
• Grouping of players – to ensure inclusivity and support individual player development
• Playing out of age group – to enhance player development and confirm what is permitted in regulation
• Out of season activity, camps and tours - clarifying regulation and requirements for camps and tours
• Minimum standards for coaches and referees – detailing how coaches and referees can achieve best practice
The Codes of Practice are designed to create a more helpful and supportive tone between the RFU and those working hard across Age Grade Rugby. They support the application of regulation and replace previous guidance documents and it is our intention that everyone who delivers the Age Grade game feels compelled to commit to them.
Updated 15:37 - 4 Oct 2017 by Buckingham Rugby