If you're an RFU registered player and thinking of playing rugby while travelling abroad then you'll need to submit a Clearance form and follow these instructions:
1. Download this form from the RFU website (preferably before you travel!!)
2. Complete your personal details
3. Ask a club official (nicely!) to complete the clubs declaration
4. Scan and send to the RFU (Cathy Blishen (CathyBlishen@RFU.com) has very kindly said forms can be sent to her) or pop it in the post to :
Cathy Blishen| Tournaments and Competitions Assistant | Rugby Football Union | Rugby House | Twickenham Stadium | 200 Whitton Road | Twickenham | TW2 7BA | Tel: 020 8831 6688| Fax: 020 8892 444
5. On your return you will have to re-register with the RFU.