This Saturday sees the launch of Bury Broncos 2012 Open Age season with the adult side taking on Crosfields A from Warrington. It coincides with a weekend where both Bury Broncos Junior sides are also playing at home on Sunday morning meaning that local fans have an ideal opportunity to see plenty of rugby league action.
The open age have a brand new coaching structure and pre-season has seen a number of new recruits join the squad. The club intends to aim high in 2012 and be a leading force in the new summer switch.
The junior sides are the future of the club and have only started this year. The aim is to further grow the numbers within the two sides and add more junior groups over time.
Plans are also afoot for an Under 13 and Under 15 Academy side to play a series of friendlies this summer further increasing the numbers locally playing competitive games.
The club are keen for anyone and everyone to come down and support the sides in these matches at what is an exciting time for the game in the area. Please make sure to tell all your friends and family – and lets have lots of people supporting the club over the two days.
- 2.30pm – Open Age side play Crosfields A – Philips High School
- From 4.30pm – post-match food & drinks at the Eagle & Child pub including post-match presentations and presentation of coaching kit to 2012 coaches
- 5.30pm at the Eagle & Child – live Sky TV coverage of Salford City Reds v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
Starting from c. 10.00am:
- Bury Broncos Under 11s against Thatto Heath Swords (St. Helens)
- Bury Broncos Under 9s against Waterhead (Oldham)
- Post-match food again at the Eagle & Child.