Launched in 2006, the Women's Development Centre provides talented sportswomen with the chance to combine football with academic studies. All learners study for nationally recognised qualifications whilst benefiting from expert coaching.
What will you do at the Development Centre?
• Study and achieve a Nationally recognised BTEC qualification in a chosen subject.
• Train 3 times a week which will include, fitness, skill based training and individual coaching.
• Play a weekly fixture in a National League.
• Experience overseas football with the Tour programme.
• Opportunity to achieve coaching and refereeing awards.
• Player development, study and assess your strengths, weaknesses and development.
• Opportunities for representative teams i.e. National.
What are the benefits?
• Players will be able to enhance and develop their football skills.
• Will increase their knowledge of the game.
• Can achieve qualifications and awards.
• Improve social skills, team development and awareness.
• Meet new people and enjoy new life experiences.
• Will improve their play for teams outside of college.
• Will provide students and players with the correct skills to enhance themselves, to allow them to keep progressing after college.