Following on from a busy opening month of the season, September proved to be no quieter as CUP FC played 9 nine matches between the two teams.
The 1st team went unbeaten in their 4 matches, claiming 8 points on the way to move up to 6th in the Kershaw Premier. They won 3 – 0 twice in the month, defeating Foxton at home on Saturday 9th and impressively victorious at Gamlingay United on Saturday 23rd. Their two draws came against Brampton, holding their opponents to a 1 – 1 score line on Saturday 2nd then a 2 – 2 result at the league’s only unbeaten side on Saturday 16th. No game was played on Saturday 30th due to Eaton Socon having players representing the league side.
The Reserves started the month with two defeats on the road, before 3 victories in a row. They were comprehensively beaten 5 – 1 at Bluntisham Rangers on Saturday 2nd and narrowly 3 – 2 on Saturday 9th at Wisbech St Mary Reserves. A 5 – 2 win at Great Chishill started the winning streak on Saturday 16th before a stunning fightback in their first home game against Newmarket Town Reserves on Saturday 23rd, winning 5 – 4. Revenge was served to Bluntisham Rangers on Saturday 30th as they won 1 – 0 in the first round of the Percy Oldham Memorial Cup.
Notable contributions to date:
Updated 10:35 - 5 Oct 2017 by CUPFC Info
1. 9 goals were scored by the 1st team – Bradley and Mark grabbing 1 each as Dan and Jose scored the rest
2. The Reserves scored 14 goals, between 6 scorers – Kienen and Ollie continuing their form with Ben, Joel, Kenny, Scott and Stuart on the scoresheet too
3. Each team recorded their first clean sheets of the season – the 1st having 2 and the Reserves 1
4. Bubba was sole representative of the 1sts in being booked, while the Reserves had 3 players picking up 1 each – Adem, Lee and Kenny
5. 21 players have played for the 1sts, and 25 for the Reserves, this season