April was, as expected due to postponements earlier in the year, the busiest month of 2017-18 for CUP FC as 10 matches were played between the teams.
The 1st team had 4 fixtures in the month, starting with a 7 – 3 home win over Eaton Socon on Saturday 14th. The high scoring continue in their next outing, winning 7 – 1 at Cambridge City Development on Saturday 21st, before a 4 – 1 victory hosting Fulbourn Institute just two days later on Tuesday 23rd. The only blip was a 5 – 0 defeat at Kershaw Premier runner-up Great Shelford on Saturday 28th. A positive month saw CUP move up to 7th and a 5th place finish still possible.
The Reserves were on catch-up in April, playing 6 matches across Saturdays and evenings. CUP started with a 2 – 2 draw at home to Lakenheath Reserves on Saturday 7th, before a 2 – 0 defeat at Senior B title favourites Huntingdon United on Saturday 14th – a match that will be remembered for two significant injuries. The Reserves picked up their first of two victories with a 2 – 1 home win over Great Chishill on Tuesday 17th, the other ended with a same result when hosting Sawston United on Saturday 28th. Thursday 19th saw CUP suffer their worst result of the season, a 7 – 0 defeat at March Town United Reserves, before losing 2 – 1 to bottom side Godmanchester on Tuesday 24th. CUP moved up a place to 12th in the table after a mixed month.
Updated 10:06 - 10 May 2018 by CUPFC Info
1. The 1sts scored 18 and conceded 10 – Jose (6) and Dan (5) grabbing the majority, with 5 others also on the scoresheet
2. The Reserves scored 7 and conceded 15 – Ryan (3), Darren (2) and Lee (2) the scorers
3. Neither managed a clean sheet
4. Nacer picked up the sole disciplinary point for the 1sts, while the Reserves had quite a few, the worst culprits being Joel and Lee who earned a straight red and two yellows respectively
5. There were no debuts made in April