7 matches were played in the sixth month of the 2016/17 season between CUP FC’s two teams.
The 1st team started and finished the month 2nd in the Senior A table, after three wins and a draw from their 4 matches earning 10 points. On Saturday 4th they won 2 – 1 away at Soham Town Rangers Reserves, followed by another away victory was earned on Saturday 18th with a comprehensive 4 – 1 win at Girton United. 2 – 1 was the scoreline at home to Ely City Reserves on Saturday 25th – overcoming the blip of a 2 – 2 home draw with Soham United on Saturday 11th after conceding late.
The Reserves played 3 matches in the month, two in the league and the other a cup semi-final vs. unbeaten league rivals Bar Hill. On Saturday 25th they lost out 4 – 0 in this away match, after a 6 – 2 league win the previous week, on Saturday 18th, at home to Sawston Rovers where 5 different players scored. The only other game was a 2 – 1 home defeat to Witchford 96 on Saturday 4th; Saturday 11th's away trip to Buckden being postponed and re-scheduled for March.
Notable contributions this month:
Updated 12:37 - 6 Mar 2017 by CUPFC Info
1. Jose scored in all 4 matches on his way to 9 of the 1st team’s 10 goals in the month, Bubba claiming the other
2. Reserves scored 7 goals with Scott and Sefa claiming 2 each, with Callum, Cameron B and Josh the other scorers – the latter two getting their first for the club
3. No clean sheets were kept as 1st team conceded 5 and Reserves beaten 8 times
4. Discipline was a real negative for the club with the 1st team collecting 10 yellows in 4 matches and the Reserves 8 in only 3
5. Jose picked up 2 of these for the 1st, as did Josh for the Reserves. This list of yellows also includes: Andy, Ben, Bradley, Bubba, Cameron B, Dion, Jordy, Luca, Mike, Ryan, Scott, Sefa, Shaun and Wayne
6. The 1st team stayed at 28 players representing this season, while Reserves went up to 44 with manager Jamie’s substitute appearance vs Bar Hill