The Director of Rugby
The Director of Rugby predominantly spends his time dealing with the business of ensuring the Seniors/Colts playing sections of the Club are running smoothly.
In addition to this function they should also be looking to improve the overall quality of the rugby being played at the Club by all age groups as well as how we attract/retain and improve the players we have at our disposal.
Responsibilities carried out under previous Director of Rugby are available on request.
• Appointing Senior Coach and Colts Coaches
• Organise pre-season friendlies
• Organise Skippers for teams
• Organise & liaise with 1st XV Managers
• Maintain player recruitment & retention
• Manage playing and training equipment
• Organise Physio’s for 1st XV games and provide a clinic during the week
• Organise Physio stock of bandages, tapes, ice packs etc.
• Report weekly scores of 2nd and 3rd team results to League Secretary
• Liaise with Youth and Mini sections to develop coaching systems.
• Liaise with Colts/U17 on player retention and actively get involved with coaching & developing this age group
• Help with RFU accreditation and CASC status.
• Organise drivers for 1st XV away fixtures.
• Oversee senior selection meetings, working with Skippers and Coaches.
• Attend County and Club disciplinary hearings
• Ensure playing surfaces are marked and maintained to a good standard, including utilising/resting of playing/training surfaces where appropriate.
• Recognise County achievers.
• Assist with coaching or organise assistance where required.
• Attend Executive Meetings where necessary.
• Work with other Club stakeholders to develop facilities available to all players within the club.