The executive committee would like to thank Dean Edwards for all his hard work and his committment to the minis section over the three years at the helm. In particular we are grateful for Deans efforts in bringing the Herts County Tournament back to Camelot for the first time in 10 years!
As Deans own age group moves into the youth section next season, he will be stepping down as Director of Minis Rugby and as such the club is looking for applicants for this key role.
Please see below an overview of the job role. The successful applicant need not necessarily be an existing minis coach or affiliated to a specific age group but should be well organised, motivated and a good communicator with both children and adults.
If interested please contact the Hon. Secretary email@example.com
Please click HERE for the full job spec.
JOB DESCRIPTION – DIRECTOR OF MINI RUGBY OVERVIEW
- The post holder is a member of the Executive Committee.
- Appointment for a period of 2 years. Nominations received in time for election at
- Successful applicant starts role with immediate effect.
- Primary responsibility - player development of boys aged 5 to 12 and girls aged 5 to 11, in line with the clubs philosophy, policies and RFU guidelines.
- Primary objective - direct, manage and deliver a structure that can support the development and transition of players from mini section into youth section and in turn into senior players for Hemel Hempstead RUFC.
CURRENT ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Visible lead for the Mini section age groups (U7s through U12s).
- Coordinate the individual age group Coaching Teams (U7 to U12)
- Coordinate individual age group Safeguarding Officers (U7 to U12)
- Enable mini section fixture planning
- Activate Mini section to build and maintain strong links with local primary schools
- Attend monthly Exec Committee Meetings.
- Attend AGM and present Section Report.
- Maintain strong links with the RFU / Herts. RFU
- Work with Director of Youth Rugby to manage Mini & Youth budget effectively.
- Identify, liaise and communicate with Youth Sponsors when appropriate.
- Work with Director of Youth rugby to develop and implement a coordinated club ethos / philosophy for the Mini and Youth sections (U7s through to U16s). Aim is to produce something that can be shared with club volunteers and parents.
- Work with Director of Rugby and Director of Youth Rugby to agree a coordinated
coaching programme taking players on journey from U7s player to senior player. Having agreed this programme lead Mini section coaching team on implementation of it.
Updated 15:26 - 22 May 2017 by Tim Wynne-Jones