Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Carlton Town Fans app


First Team - Match centre

Rainworth Miners Welfare
Carlton Town
Mon 21 Apr 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League Northern Premier - First Division South Full time Attendance 82


Billy Bennett’s second half equaliser ensured Carlton Town stopped their run of defeats as they drew 1-1 at Rainworth Miners Welfare.

Bennett scored six minutes after former Carlton striker Tris Whitman had given the Wrens the lead, and in a quirk of coincidence, the sides also drew 1-1 at Stoke Lane on Boxing day which also ended Carlton’s previous run of five defeats in succession.

In a fairly low-key encounter, Rainworth began well with Whitman drawing an early save from Jonathon Viscosi.

At the other end Mark Dudley could only half clear Jordan Vilums cross to Alexander Troke, who saw his shot well saved by James Martin.

Rainworth MW away 21.04.14
18 photos

Les McJannet was forced into an early change when injury meant Joe Brothwell had to be replaced by Bradley Munn.

Kallum Keane then laid the ball off to Bennett whose shot was dealt with comfortably by Martin.

Scott Rickards put a free kick into Whitman who turned sharply and shot at goal, bringing a fine save from Viscosi.

The Millers’ best move of the first half saw Bennett flick the ball to Vilums on the left hand side. He chipped the ball over Martin into the penalty area where Troke’s overhead kick was cleared off the line by Dudley.

Rainworth thought they had opened the scoring on 39 minutes. Jack Hawkins did well to set up Rickards whose shot was blocked by Kameron Campbell. Regan Edridge headed home the resultant corner but the goal was disallowed for a foul on Viscosi.

Viscosi then had to be off his line sharply to block an attempted lob by Damian Magee as the home side finished the half well.

McJannet had to make another change at half time with the injured Keane being replaced by Lee Torr. The former Clifton man almost had an immediate impact, hitting a great shot which brought a fine save from Martin.

It was the Wrens who opened the scoring on 50 minutes. Magee chipped a pass to Whitman who advanced on the right hand side and fired past Viscosi.

McJannet immediately brought on Sam MacVicar for Aaron Hooton.

Carlton levelled six minutes later. The ball was chipped into the area and Callum Lloyd’s clearance ricocheted of Bennett, who was closing down to block, and flew past Martin into the corner of the net.

Campbell, having a fine game, made a good clearance from Dan Williams and Edridge headed a Hawkins cross over the bar as Rainworth looked for a winner.

At the other end Vilums fired just wide after a good cross by Ben Flynn, before Bradley Munn saw his goalbound shot cleared off the line by Jobe Shaw deep into injury time as the game finished in a draw.

Carlton Town: Viscosi; Campbell, Bennett, Thornton, Keane (Torr 46); Elliott, Troke, Flynn Vilums; Brothwell (Munn 19), Hooton (MacVicar 51). Unused substitute: Tyler.

Goal: Bennett 56

Carlton Town Supporters Club MOTM – Kameron Campbell.

Attendance: 82

Kameron Campbell

Player of the Match

Kameron Campbell

Videos and photos

Rainworth MW away 21.04.14
18 photos

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other First Division South results

Bedworth United
Sutton Coldfield Town
Gresley FC
Mickleover Sports
Loughborough Dynamo
Newcastle Town
Scarborough Athletic
Sheffield FC


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
8. Newcastle Town 40 59
9. Gresley FC 40 56
10. Carlton Town 40 55
11. Romulus 40 55
12. Chasetown 40 52
13. Goole AFC 40 51
14. Loughborough Dynamo 40 47

Team sponsors


Club sponsors