Updated: Thursday, September 22nd at 10:00 pm EST.
Spots are still available (36 of 50 spots are sold).
For the past 6 years, we've toured the county, spreading our brand of rugby, shenanigans, and alcoholism. From New Orleans to Savannah and Boston to Key West, we've used these tours for pre-season bonding and as a way to knock the rust off. This year is no different. Following our normal cycle, this year's tour will be a short 2-day trip to a regional destination. We've vetted several options and are excited to announce this year's tour to Lexington, KY. While it may not be as known as other options, it does offer some unique activities we think will set it apart. We've confirmed the details and made the reservations, so its time to start signing up. As always, the trip is open to current players, old boys, significant others, and friends of the club. Our only request, is that you be selective if you're bringing someone outside our group. If you've got any questions or concerns for this tour, let me know.
What: 2016 Nooga Rugby Fall Tour
Where: Lexington, KY
When: Friday, October 7th - Sunday, October 9th
Cost: Current Players = $40, Non-Current Players = $80
Included: Your payment includes round-trip transportation, 2 nights in a hotel room (4 people per room), and a general admission ticket to Keeneland Race Track.
Transportation: Estes Charter Bus Service
Lodging: Red Roof Inn South, 2651 Wilhite Drive, Lexington, KY 40503 (859-277-9400)
- The bus will depart Chattanooga on Friday, October 7th from the Carmike Cinemas East Ridge (formerly the Rave) at 1:00 pm EST. The physical address is 5080 South Terrace, Chattanooga, TN. Plan on parking in the area between the movie theater and the home goods / patio store.
- Arrive in Lexington closer to 6:00 PM EST.
- Check into the hotel (Red Roof Inn Lexington South) and party as hard as possible the rest of the night.
- 10:00 AM Saturday morning we play a friendly against the Lexington Blackstones RFC.
- Clean up quickly after the match and head to Keeneland Race Track for an afternoon of betting the ponies. Everyone has a general admission ticket included within their payment. There does not appear to be a dress code for the general admission area, but I recommend we dress up a bit. That's up to you how you handle "dress up a bit".
- The Lexington Blackstones will hold the post-match social at Keeneland for us.
- Party even harder Saturday night.
- The bus will depart Lexington Sunday morning closer to 10:00 AM.
- We should arrive back into Chattanooga around 3:00 PM.
You can register and pay for this trip two (2) ways:
1. Use the online payment tool on www.noogarugby.com. This is the preferred method and is immediate. Please use this is if you can. It has two (2) options to register (current player or non player).
2. Pay with cash or a check to Kirk Neubauer. If you use a check, make it payable to Chattanooga Rugby.
Keeneland Race Track (www.keeneland.com)
This is a very, very nice horse racing track, which runs for 3 weeks in the spring and 3 weeks in the Fall. Races start at 1:00 PM and go through 6:00 PM. Typically, there are 8-10 races within this 6 hour period. Betting can be as cheap as $2 per race or you can got "Dave Williams-style" and bet your mortgage payment. I don't know much about their dress code, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to meet it while keeping within our own "style".
Updated 23:08 - 21 Oct 2016 by Lyall Harrison
In addition to Keeneland running, the University of Kentucky has a home football game against Vanderbilt this same weekend. So, city will be jammed packed and, if UK wins, it should be pretty damn exciting!