All new players welcome, please just turn up at 10.30 any Sunday morning.
We train on the 1st team pitch, depending on weather.
The U6’s squad is all about basic skills and having fun (in a non-contact environment), with a view to developing these so that when we advance into the U7 group we are ready to play some competitive tag rugby games against other clubs.
We have a range of volunteer coaches who all have children in the squad. We are always keen to recruit more coaches to help spread the workload and create a productive coach-to-player low ratio. The club will pay for you to undertake the RFU's Rugby Ready, Level 1 Coach and First Aid qualifications to help you get the most out of coaching. Please see the coaches if you would like to help out in any way.
Besides coming down to the club to see Saturday afternoon matches, internationals on the telly and having a drink in the clubhouse whilst the children charge around the place, there are a couple of adult diary dates you may wish to consider:
• Dad’s & Coaches Lunch :At the Club : involves 3 course meal and ability to watch First XV home game.
• Mini’s Ball : A great evening – dates will be circulated on email nearer the time.
• TIMING: please ensure all Players are here for 10.30am prompt on Sunday mornings; this will help to ensure Players are “on the move” as quickly as possible and ready for action.
• RUGBY KIT: you may wish to purchase some Chester RUFC clothing (shorts, socks and tops + a weatherproof jacket) which can be obtained / ordered at the Club Shop. Come next year (U7s) all Players will have to wear the club livery (tops as a minimum) to play in matches and rugby boots with studs are required (to enable traction).
• WEATHER: Now winter is here please ensure additional and appropriate clothing is worn as layers as part of the kit to keep dry and warm; gloves and even a woolly hat ! … this will avoid misery, tears, drowned rats and frostbitten legs, but may not avoid mud getting into your washing machine ! Generally training is only cancelled by hurricane winds, driving rain and frozen pitches …. We now have a detailed contact database up and running so we can let parents know of such eventualities by email/text. If you’re not on the list or contact details have changed then please email email@example.com with the amends.
• DRINK: please bring a drink for your Player as we will take several quick breaks during the session to avoid dehydration. Don’t forget you can buy tea/coffee and bacon butties at the Club during the morning and lunches are served with the bar open afterwards! – noting no muddy boots/clothes in clubhouse please.
• VALUES: we hope that we can share and instill the values of respect, teamwork and fun through the education, safety and enjoyment of our Sunday mornings. At this level the game is not about physical contact, but there will be the odd tear and grump so please help bear this in mind; parental intervention to stop any bad behavior would be greatly appreciated (and encouraged).