THE GOOD SPECTATOR'S CODE
Our spectators are encouraged to:
- Act as positive role models to all players.
- Be familiar with, and abide by, the RFU Child Protection Guidelines in relation to verbal and emotional abuse.
- Respect guidance from the Club or School with regard to spectator behaviour.
- Remember children play sport primarily for their own enjoyment, not for that of
- Acknowledge good individual and team performance from all players irrespective of the team in which they play.
- Respect match officials' decisions, even if they appear to be a mistake - remember, they are volunteers proving an opportunity for players to play rugby.
- Never verbally abuse players, coaches, match officials or fellow spectators: such
behaviour can create a negative environment for players and their behaviour will often
- Acknowledge effort and good performance rather than "to win at all costs'.
- Verbally encourage all players in a positive manner, shouting "for' not "at' the players.
- Encourage all players irrespective of their ability - never ridicule any individual player,
regardless of the team in which they play.