Chinnor Coach Education - Coaching courses at Chinnor
RFU Level 1 Coaching Course @ Chinnor RFC
Sunday 9th June 2013: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday 19th June 2013: 9am - 5pm
Sunday 30th June 2013: 9am - 5pm
Closing Date 10/05/13
Coaching Children in Rugby Union Award (UKCC level 1) Normal Cost £100 (incl. VAT)
Select the Legacy Level 1 Course at the Special RFU subsidised cost ONLY£25.00
Coaches must be 18yrs old or above to take part in this course.
(For U12 coaches and below)
Prerequisites for entry on to this course -
- Attendance at a Rugby Ready Course within the last year.
- The Start coaching TAG Rugby or Rugby Leaders course is also recommended.
Course description –
- Entry point for coaches of Mini/Midi Players [U7 to U12]
- Provide coaches with the knowledge, Skills and attributes essential to developing children’s social personal, physical and mental Skills through the technical and tactical aspects of the game of Rugby Union.
This course is made up of 3 modules as detailed below. You will be required to attend all 3 sessions of the same course. We have limited spaces on all courses so please apply early.
Download and complete the application at the base of the page.
RFU Level 2 Coaching Course @ Chinnor RFC
Select QBE Level 2 course option This Course is Free! Totally funded by RFU for coaches of U15 and above
Saturday 1st June 2013: 9am - 5pm
Saturday 15th June 2013: 9am - 5pm
Saturday 29th June 2013: 9am - 5pm
Closing Date 01/05/2013
The RFU Certificate in Coaching Rugby Union - UKCC Level 2
Coaches working in the Youth and Adult game (U13 upwards) will be expected to attend a new qualification. The RFU Coaching Award, which will be Level 2 equivalent. This course, as with the children’s course, will reflect the environment the coach practices in i.e. the 15 a side game. Whilst there will still be an emphasis on the knowledge, skills and attributes of the coach and how they utilise both coaching process and session delivery methods greater attention will be given to the application of the principles of play, the tactical aspects of defence and attack as well as the use of key factors in building and playing from set piece.
Delivery is on 3 separate single days, spread over a period of between 4 – 6 weeks, with guided home study and research between days using web based resources. Coaches may be required to apply their research and learning between attendances in the form of one or more coaching sessions.
With this in mind
- From 1st May 2012 the UKCC Level 2 in Coaching Rugby Union will become the UKCC Level 2 RFU Certificate in Coaching Rugby Union
- The course is an entry level course for a coach working in the 15 a side game.
Prerequisites agreed by the UK Source Group are:
- As current process – Level 1 plus appropriate CPD
- Coaching in the 15 a side game
- Coaching in the 15 a side game
- Attended Scrum Factory
- Attended Rugby Ready
At the point of application coaches will be required to confirm that they are coaching the 15 a side game and supply their previous coaching and playing experiences via the application form.
Further information on CPD courses will be available here soon and are run throughout the region.CPD courses are booked in line with identified club needs and requests by the Coaching coordinators and CB coaching committees.
The UKCC Level 2 course is made up for 3 days – you must complete all 3 days of the same course.
Further information or an application form please contact:
Steve Trenchard ( Club Coaching Co-Ordinator)
Tel: 07894 950352
Level 1 & 2 Application Form
Size: 319 KBDownload