The aim of the Leadership Academy is to
• Develop new potential leaders
• Help Clubs & Constituent Bodies (including Referee Societies) have more knowledgeable and skilful volunteers involved in the game
• Track & offer further development for past graduates as they assume senior Leadership roles
Rugby is led effectively by capable and supported leaders that continue to identify and develop the next generation of leadership talent.
Why be involved?
• Identify future leaders, and fill potential gaps and in capabilities.
• Enable improvement to support and develop current and future leaders.
• Engage with the next generation of rugby decision makers and influence with a specific focus on young leaders.
• Focus is on leadership & management in rugby:
– Each leader is unique – personal journey
– Personnel, challenges and aspirations are different
– Emphasis on successful change management
– Underpinned by ‘Whole club philosophy’
• Get real
– Fit with rugby season
– Value participant’s time
– Linked to accreditation – ILM endorsed but without the coursework.
This year’s programme will be based at a venue in Wiltshire and is aimed at Wiltshire clubs but the programme is open to anyone from Dorset who is willing to travel. As in previous years D&WRFU plans to invest heavily in its Leadership Programme but up to £100 contribution by the sponsoring club towards the overall expenditure for this programme is likely. Clubs are invited to register an interest for suitable candidates to John Constable at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity. We are also looking for potential Mentors; again please send names to John.
Updated 11:17 - 3 Jun 2018 by Matthew Stephen
Attached are some documents outlining the programme, for more information or any questions please contact John.