Pre War Day's
Having originally started playing in 1880, Clevedon are one of the oldest clubs in the West Country and were founder members of the Western League (now the Screwfix Direct League) in 1892. Their stay, however, only lasted three seasons when they dropped back into local football before re-joining the Western League in the 1910/11 season. Their early years were spent at Dial Hill, still the home of the local cricket club, but they moved to a new site at Old Street (later re-named Teignmouth Road) in 1895 where they remained until 1992.
When football resumed after the First World War, Clevedon found themselves in the Bristol & District League and Bristol & Suburban League before a switch to the Somerset Senior League in the early 1930's helped Clevedon increase their status, and they were to stay there until World War Two brought a temporary end to the League. However, Clevedon stayed in business and entered the Weston-Super-Mare League, dominated by teams from nearby RAF Locking. This often meant playing against international stars stationed at the Camp, although Clevedon had their share of service personnel stationed in the town.