Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Cogenhoe United Football Club app


Chromasport & Trophies United Counties League-Premier Division Round Up #16

11 months ago By Paul Jackson

Goals galore in the Premier Division and Boston go so close to being in the hat for Monday's F.A Cup draw.

Saturday 30th September 2017

F.A Cup-Third Qualifying Round.

The dream of U.C.L representation in the first-round proper ended at Tattersall Road, despite a very spirited effort from Boston United. Their visitor’s Hyde United from the Evostik North are sitting on an unbeaten run that goes well back into last season, but the Poachers gave them a real scare. Boston took the lead through Simon Ashton after just nine minutes and Hyde were to have Kyle Harrison sent off for two yellow cards to give the home fans even more to cheer about. Matt Beadle levelled things up before the break, but with the man advantage, Boston would still have had their tails up. Danny Maddison restored the home sides lead seven minutes into the second half with the first of three penalties, but Beadle doubled his tally from the spot soon afterwards. The game seemed to be heading for a replay as we passed the ninety-minute mark, but Boston skipper Jason Field was adjudged to have handled a goal-bound shot in his own area and the ref pointed to the spot again, before brandishing the red card in front of the unfortunate Boston man. Beadle kept his cool once more and put Hyde into Monday’s hat and one game away from a potential game against a league club.

Premier Division.

Newport Pagnell Town made it nine on the spin to remain top, but they were given a real scare by struggling Oadby Town. Lamar Parkes twice gave the visitors the lead in the first half with goals after 27 and 39, with The Swans Fazel Koriya cancelling them both out with penalty kicks, the first after 33 and the second on 68. Adam Pryke proved to be the matchwinner with a goal on 73 minutes as Newport maintained their 100% start to the season.
Leicester Nirvana remain hot on their heels after a resounding 7-2 home win over Peterborough Northern Star. It was 4-0 by the break with Luke Anderson (15), Celson Patrocinio (24) and another double from the prolific Dan Durkin on 29 and 33. Nirvana continued after the break Jordan Nelson hitting a quickfire double after 75 and 77. PNS pulled one back through James Hill Seekings two minutes from time, but Elliott Phillips made it seven on 90. There was still time for Star to grab a second consolation through Zak Munton, but it was another big win for the Leicester club.
Deeping Rangers were even bigger winners with a Leicester club on the receiving end this time. Poor St Andrews having to travel back home reeling from an 8-1 thrashing at Outgang Road with just a 62nd minute penalty from Matthew Baird to show for their efforts. Deeping had Scott Coupland add to his career hat-tricks with goals after 35, 57 and an 83rd minute penalty, while Scott Mooney (45 & 68) and Dan Schiavi (47 & 88) both hit doubles. Michael Simpson was their other man on target with his first goal for the club on 50 minutes.
Having been hit for six in the Vase last Saturday, Daventry Town were on the receiving end yet again as the fell 5-1 at Yaxley. The Cuckoos were two to the good at the break through Liam Hook and Tom Waumsley, but Daventry hauled themselves back into it with a thirty-five-yard effort from Dan Childs two minutes after the restart. That was as good as it got for Town though as Waumsley grabbed a second before Matt Sparrow and Dan Cotton added to the visitor’s misery.
5-1 was also the score at The Fenland Stadium as Wisbech Town hit late goals to crush Whitworth. It had been a close first half, but Adam Milson gave the home side the lead on 44 minutes and Alex Beck grabbed a second four minutes after the break. Whitworth did pull a goal back after a scramble, but Beck with his second (78), Michael Frew (86) and Josh Ford (90) gave Wisbech an impressive win against the promoted side.
Holbeach United had a Will Bird brace to thank for their 2-0 win at Harborough Town, while Aaron Love scored the only goal of the game at Ratby Lane to give Kirby Muxloe the points against Cogenhoe United.
Goals aplenty in the Northampton derby and it leaves ON Chenecks still looking for their first win of the season. Wojchiech Ren gave the home side the lead after 18 minutes, but Tom Lorraine levelled after 28. The Diamonds loanee then gave Chenecks the lead a minute after the restart, but Sileby made it two-apiece through Elliott Sandy on 73. Nathaniel Ansu struck to give the home side the lead again on 77, but Chenecks levelled once more four minutes from time (scorer unknown again). Elliott Sandy struck again in the last minute to give the home side the points in a thrilling 4-3 win at Fernie Fields and extend the gap between the local rivals to nine points.
Eynesbury Rovers couldn’t build on their impressive midweek win over Boston Town, but they did take a point at Rothwell Corinthians. Centre-back Steve Gentle had given Rovers the lead on the stroke of half-time, but Joe Wright gave the home side a deserved point with his 72nd minute effort.
Finally bottom club Sleaford Town were again out of luck as they went down to a last-minute goal at Desborough Town. George Couzens had given the Greens the lead at the Waterworks Field, but Desborough fought back to equalise through Will Arnold on 70, before Aiden Bradshaw snatched the points away from Sleaford in the last minute.

Updated 16:49 - 1 Oct 2017 by Paul Jackson

Where next?

Short trip to Wellingborough for Cooks tomorrow night. It may not be Boxing Day yet, but the Derby comes early this year.
Chromasport & Trophies United Counties League-Premier Division Round Up #15 Nirvana close the gap at the top while three Premier Division clubs progress in the KO Cup.


Loading comments

Up your game with easyfundraising

Sat 22 Sep
League 15:00
Cogenhoe United Reserves O.N Chenecks Res.
League 15:00
Sat 29 Sep
First Team Deeping Rangers
League 15:00
Cogenhoe United Reserves Harborough Town Res.
League 15:00

News sponsors

Club sponsors