Football has the ability to engage people, improve community cohesion and raise the hopes and aspirations of the people of Conwy.
As a Club we are committed to ensuring that we respond to local needs whilst working strategically in line with regional and national agendas. We all recognise that sport can play a prominent role in addressing major issues such as obesity, anti-social behaviour, health, employment and attainment.
Through key partnerships and a robust multi-agency approach, we ensure that we can achieve our aims and objectives effectively and efficiently. Our partnerships work underpins the entire scheme delivery programme and enables us to work strategically within Conwy. These relationships enable us to engage with underrepresented and hard to reach groups.
"Use the power of Conwy Borough Football Club to improve the lives of the people of Conwy Borough County through participation in sport".
In placing Conwy Borough Football Club at the heart of the community we will:
1. Increase participation in Sport and develop talent pathways.
2. Promote wellbeing and healthy lifestyles within local communities.
3. Deliver an inclusive programme of activities that involves and engages hard to reach groups, improving community cohesion.
4. Develop and empower leaders, coaches and volunteers.
5. Engage and inspire young people, raising and celebrating educational achievement.
We will be further developing a full programme of community projects over the coming months.
To date the club has partnered with the social enterprise "Vi-Ability" and run the following activities:
Over 50′s Work Skills Project
- offering opportunities and qualification to over 50’s who are not currently in work.
Graffiti Art Project
- Led by renowned local artist, Andrew Birch, the activity provided both young & older Vi-Ability project participants with an opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the Graffiti Art form, and a chance to develop their own personal artistic skills.
- providing a number of opportunities to experience a work environment at the football club in a number of roles.
Conwy Food Co-Op
- the "Food Co-Op" Project aims to bring together local farmers with their communities, enabling people to not only improve their diet through easy access to fresh fruit, vegetables and salad but also support the local economy through sourcing their produce from a local farmer. This takes place at the club every Tuesday from 12-4pm
Conwy Schools Tournament
- A programme run with Dragon Sports in order to encourage participation from schoolchildren in sport with in-school coaching sessions and a final inter school tournament held at Y Morfa.
For more info on our community programmes please email: