This blog is issued by email on a weekly basis to keep you up-to-date with activities at Deeside Rugby Club. The content is also posted on the club website. Please let Ian know if there are any specific items that you would like to be included.
After a break for the excitement of the Six Nations (will we be able to contain the excitement or is it nerves this weekend??) we returned to competitive action ourselves last weekend, albeit with mixed results. Hopefully all of those who got knocks over the weekend will recover quickly.
- The 1st XV lost to Shetland 12 - 29. A tough game against a very big Shetland side. Our SRU Council rep – Mike Monro – was at the game and it was useful to keep him up-to-date with Club developments. Their next game is away vs Mackie on 3rd March with a 15.00 ko.
- The U16s continued their travels in the Caley Cup competition but unfortunately were beaten 27-5 by Highland up in Inverness. This now means they continue in the Shield with their next opponents either Orkney, Ross Sutherland or Granite City Colts – but another away game on the 11th March whoever it is. The team have done a lot of travelling!
- The U15s beat Granite City Colts 42-19 in their Caley Shield game and progress to a semi-final on 11th March away to either Strathmore or Perthshire.
- Meanwhile the U13s and U14s had games against Mackie, with the U13 side beating Mackie at this age group for the first time and our U14s being beaten.
- If you are organising the catering for home games, or indeed incurring expenses for other reasons, send the details and receipts and which team/games to Alan at firstname.lastname@example.org for reimbursement. It is very much our ethos to entertain our visitors, and I’d ask you just to keep spending to an appropriate level in relation to where the visitors have come from.
Charity Regulator – Child Protection
Following on the news items re Oxfam issues in Haiti, I have already had an email from the Charity Regulator reminding all charities of our obligations with regards vulnerable individuals. This is something we treat very seriously as a Club. I am pleased to say we scored 100% for all our coaches having a PVG clearance in a recent SRU coaches audit. Let’s keep this record up.
If you have any concerns or queries in this area, please do raise them with our Child Protection Officer – Lizzie can be contacted on email email@example.com if you don’t see her at the Club.
- Family Fun & Quiz night for the U14/U15 trip to France – 3rd March in the Scout Hut, Banchory. Details on the website.
- Do you shop online? Then why not use easyfundraising through the link on our website or for new users through this link:
easyfundraising - new users
which is currently offering enhanced benefits for a short time. This is a relatively painless way to get funds for the Club – we have raised £1,000 in total through this route.
- Mitsubishi Kit for Clubs is a way of getting kit for the Club – all we need is at least 10 people to take a test drive to access £300 worth of kit. No purchase necessary!
Aberdeenshire Council – 10-year plan
The Council is starting a 10-year planning exercise to develop new Strategies for Culture, Sport and Physical Activity service for 2018 to 2028. You can help to shape their thoughts by completing The Big Listen.
If you have any articles or events that you wish posted on the Club website, Twitter and Facebook accounts please send the details direct to Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deeside Rugby (Charity No. SCO47171)