This blog is issued by email on a weekly basis to keep you up-to-date with activities at Deeside Rugby Club.
After much deliberation and discussion, we are submitting a planning application this week for the pavilion development. Of course, nothing will happen without funding, and now we have a project that is the next major activity. Please do get in touch if you would like to help with this. It is a very exciting development that will enhance your club – help make it happen.
Kick off - Wednesday, 9 May 2018 at 7.00pm for 10 weeks.
Tartan Touch is a fun non-contact rugby based fitness event geared for all ages – no rugby knowledge is required, with the emphasis on fitness and fun.
Please spread the word far and wide – friends, family, work colleagues and let’s make this event another resounding success for the Club.
Please sign up here for either a full summer pass for £20 or a single day pass at £3.
Whilst Tartan Touch is geared for all ages, there will be no support from coaches as we do on a Saturday morning. Therefore adults have to stay with their children for these sessions. The shower facilities will be out of bounds. The emphasis is on fun and fitness, it is not competitive…. No boots required, trainers only please.
All participants to register through the Eventbrite links above.
Playing Tartan Touch:
- 10 players in a team, 6 on the field of play at any time.
- If you score you get subbed.
- If you say anything “Rugby” such as “knock on” or “offside” you get subbed.
- 6 touches then hand the ball over.
- 2 steps and/or 2 seconds to pass after being touched
- If you are on the wrong side of the play line then do not get involved until you are on the right side!
- Relax and Enjoy
Minis/Micros Festival – 12th May
Looking forward to a very exciting day. We will have the following visitors from Scottish Rugby:
• The Calcutta Cup will be on site from 10 -12 before it goes off to its next event. Hopefully that will give everyone time to see the cup and get a picture of it - in return for a donation to the Murrayfield Injured Players Foundation mipf.org.uk. We have accessed this fund to support our 1st XV players and I would be really pleased if we can take this opportunity to put some funds back to them.
• Hollie Davidson will also join us for the day. Not sure if she will be allowed to officiate but she will be more than happy to talk about her experiences.
Sign up to help – see Roger or any of the coaches and Sarah for catering. She will be looking for home bakes for the tea tent, so now is the chance to put into practice all that you learnt from Bake Off!
The 1st XV are away to Stornoway this Saturday for the last game of the season. Tough shift against some big ex-Deeside players down at Mackie last Saturday which we lost.
The Minis & Micros will have enjoyed the sun at Grammar in preparation for our own festival this weekend.
From what I’ve seen so far it seems that the U14/15s had fun in Martignas. I’m sure full reports will follow and we can start planning for the return trip of the French next May.
To help you plan the summer:
- School of 7s camp at Woodend on 4/5 August. Details here
- Planning to run our own summer camp in the week following that – 6th to 10th August. Details to follow.
If you have any articles, event notifications, games or pictures you would like to add to the website please send them to Sandra at email@example.com
Deeside Rugby (Charity No. SCO47171)