Terms and Conditions
Deeside Rugby Football Club (Deeside Rugby) will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us through this site or in hard copy format, unless otherwise stated. When you register as a member of Deeside Rugby or renew your membership (including if you are registering or renewing on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
- Your contact details – name, address, email address;
- Your membership criteria – club member (Cm), supporter (Su), player (Pl), parent (Pa), coach (Co)
- Player details including name, date of birth, sex, playing group;
- For players under 18, these should be tagged to the registered parent
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can effectively manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including, player insurance and PVG checks;
- We ask you to set up and control the membership of you/your player through the Club’s website www.deeside-rfc.co.uk;
- Send you membership communications by email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, club activities, membership renewals and information on membership benefits and upcoming events;
- It is important that you have an up-to-date email registered so you can receive emails pertaining to last minute match changes/cancellations or change of training arrangements due to adverse weather
Photographs and Publications (including online)
Transportation of Children
There are occasions where it might be necessary for Deeside Rugby to transport your child by persons representing club for the purposes of taking part in rugby. Your permission will always be sought prior to this occurring. Any person using a private vehicle will be asked to declare that they are properly licensed and insured, and in the case of a person who cannot so declare, will not permit that individual to transport children.
Note: The requirements of this Transportation Policy will not apply if you personally ask another parent, coach, or club official to take your child to/from a match, training or competition.
Deeside Rugby processes members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Promote and encourage participation in the sport of rugby by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events.
- Provide competition in the sport of rugby by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- Develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements and verify that you have completed any mandatory training and PVG/child protection requirements;
- Respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of rugby. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com . If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
We will share personal data with Scottish Rugby through Scottish Rugby’s Registration System (SCRUMS) and for other purposes such as PVG, insurance, disciplinary matters etc.
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.