Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Denbigh Town Football Club


First Team - Match centre

Conwy Borough
Denbigh Town
Sat 28 Jan 14:30 - Huws Gray Alliance League - Huws Gray Alliance Full time Attendance 88

Denbigh rue missed chances to come home with a point.

Denbigh extended their unbeaten league run to five games with a draw at Conwy Borough, but will be disappointed not to have come home with three points after squandering several second half chances to win the game.

It was Conwy who started well forcing Denbigh’s keeper Hill-Dunt to make a save from Conwy’s Jonathan Breeze for a corner. More Conwy pressure followed with Buchan firing just over the bar. Town responded from a corner which the Conwy defence had trouble defending and it was a goal line headed clearance which stopped Denbigh taking the lead

On 11 minutes it was Breeze again who found space to fire a shot from 20 yards which left Hill-Dunt standing as it crashed into the net off the crossbar to give Conwy a deserved 1-0 lead.
This proved the impetus for Denbigh to step up a gear and Craig Pritchard laid on a ball for Gareth Partridge to scuff his shot and give Andrew Swarbrick a half chance but this was smothered by Conwy’s keeper Josh Cook. Alan Bull had a shot from just outside the box well saved as it headed towards the keepers left hand corner as Town piled on the pressure.

On 22minutes as Denbigh’s midfield took hold of the game, Kieran Gaul floated a pin point cross into the penalty box to meet the head of Andrew Swarbrick who diverted the ball passed an outstretched Cook to make it 1-1.
Denbigh’s pressure continued with Swarbrick proving a handful and having a golden chance as he was put through in a one on one with the Conwy keeper only for Cook to save well and force the ball out for a Town corner
On 40 minutes, an Aaron Hassall cross came to the feet of former Conwy striker Alan Bull and after a goalmouth scramble he managed to prod the ball home for a 2-1 Town lead
Conwy immediately went on the offensive and a fine cross field ball found right winger Danny Cross who cut inside Denbigh’s defence and curled in a well struck shot from 25 yards which sailed into the back of the net to see the teams go in at half time 2-2.

The second half started well for Denbigh with a Jack Riley cross being inexplicably handled by a Conwy defender on the penalty box line. The resultant free kick just floated over the bar to Conwy’s relief.
Denbigh manager Eddie Maurice-Jones made two substitutions with Aaron Hassall making way for new signing Matthew Cooke and Craig Pritchard for Jake Eyre.

Good chances continued to come for Denbigh, but they could not find the goal they wanted to get the three points. Bull, Eyre and Swarbrick all came close whereas at the other Conwy had chances themselves which they failed to capitalise on.
As the game moved into his final stages both teams had chances to win the game but neither team could find the finishing touch
It was a frustrating afternoon for Denbigh who felt they should have taken all three points, but their goal finishing let them down at vital moments.
They now move on to a home game at Central Park against Holywell Town on Saturday 4th February, kick off 2.30pm

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

League table

# Team Pl Pts
8. Guilsfield 30 43
9. Holyhead Hotspur 30 42
10. Denbigh Town 30 38
11. Ruthin Town 30 33
12. Penrhyncoch 30 31
13. Llanfair United 30 25
14. Mold Alex 30 25

Team sponsor


Club sponsor