Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Denbigh Town Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Denbigh Town
FC Queens Park
Wed 20 Sep 19:30 - Huws Gray Alliance League - Huws Gray Alliance Full time Attendance 95

Denbigh Town 3 - 0 FC Queens Park

Denbigh Town were always looking to extend their recent good form when they welcomed FC Queens Park at Central Park on Wednesday evening.

The match kicked off with Town on the front foot pressing The Park straight from the kick off. It didn't take long before chances and half chances came Town's way with Kristian Pierce and Craig Pritchard coming close. Queens Park responded by playing a high line from defence catching the Denbigh players off side. With Josh Davies being closely marshalled the Reds resorted to shooting from distance rather working the ball in the box but it was evident that the pressure was telling. Denbigh had eight corners within the first 15 minutes. It was from one such corner that the ball was cleared but only as far as Mathew Cook whose shot was deflected before clattering loudly off the cross bar. Three minutes later a quickly taken free kick on the right hand side was taken by Cook to Nathan Williams who sent over a deep cross to unmarked centre half Ben Nash who had come up field for a piece of the action. He was disappointed to see his side foot volley miss the target. Denbigh were dominant but Queens Park have some very skillful players and looked dangerous on the break. It would have been an injustice if No 11 Heldar Ramos had scored on 25 minutes but he came very close indeed after latching on to a through ball played behind Nash. Back came Denbigh who desperately needed a goal as a reward for their pressure. Winger Craig Pritchard was becoming a real nuisance for the visitors who began to bring him down time and time again until a player was cautioned. The deadlock was broken on 35 minutes. A cross by Pritchard was cleared well by the visitor's defence. The loose ball was well won by Denbigh's midfielder Steve Cunningham in a strong block tackle which knocked his opponent over. He then took a few steps forward and from a full thirty yards sent an absolute screamer high into the top left corner of the goal leaving visiting keeper Joel Thomson with no chance. Denbigh were deservedly one nil up and despite further chances being created the score remained the same as the half time interval got nearer. The Park, though, remained a threat and after a break and some confusion in the Reds' defence keeper Jon Hill-Dunt resorted to giving a good old fashion hoof sending the ball back up to Thomson between the sticks on the other end. It was after one such raid by The Park that the ball fell to Kristian Pierce deep in his own half. Seeing the way ahead clear he raced almost the full length of the pitch chased by two opponents. He squared the ball to Josh Davies who loves receiving such passes in the box. A quick dummy to lose his marker and a strong side foot shot and the ball was nestling in the corner of the net. Denbigh went in leading 2 - nil at the break and looking value for money.

The second half began with Denbigh defending a determined Queens Park team who seemed to have upped a gear. Indeed, it took a very good save from Hill Dunt to keep Ramos from scoring. As he charged goal wards Hill Dunt rushed out, spreading his body, and a strong left arm deflected the ball to safety. For some reason Denbigh seemed to have lost their way a little and it took some time for the Reds to settle again. The game soon began to loose it's fizz until midway through the second period Ben Nash mistimed a tackle 18 yards out and brought down substitute Edgar Lema. The home supporters tried to be helpful by shouting to the referee Dewi Owen informing him that contact was actually outside of the box but he was close by and having none of it pointed to the spot with some certainty. Up stepped No 9 Michel Latham but his low drive was well saved by Hill- Dunt who dived low to his left. The game progressed with little further incident until the ball was fed from Denbigh's midfield to the prowling Josh Davies who shielded the ball from his markers. He leant one way and the other sending the markers in the wrong direction before curling a lovely left foot shot high into the goal away from the out stretched arms of keeper Thomson. His second of the evening and Denbigh's third. That is how the match ended. A pleasing result for the home team who have Josh Davies finding the net regularly now and a clean sheet which is always welcome. Queens Park look in trouble but they have some excellent players and were missing two through suspension so after a little re adjustment they are hopeful of sorting things out and emerging from a poor run of results. Denbigh Town 3 FC Queens Park 0

Denbigh - Jon Hill-Dunt, Rakim Newton, Nathan Williams, Danny Sullivan, Ben Nash, Matt Cooke, Kristian Pierce, Steve Cunningham, Warren Duckett, Josh Davies, Craig Pritchard subs Jake Eyre, Lewys Turner, Gareth Partridge

Queens Park - Joel Thomson, Ben Wright, Jake Jones, Andrew Elms, Charlie Rowley, Joshua Betley, Nathan Buckley, Charlie Jones, Mike Latham, Barry Torrence, Heldar Ramos subs Edgar Lema, James Gregory, Jack Colts, Callum Thurnam.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Huws Gray Alliance results

Caernarfon Town
Llandudno Junction
Holyhead Hotspur

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Caernarfon Town 28 65
2. Denbigh Town 28 60
3. Airbus Broughton 28 54
4. Guilsfield 28 53
5. Holywell Town 28 50
6. Rhyl 28 47
7. Porthmadog 28 44

Team sponsors


Club sponsor