Dorking Cycling Club - Championing Cycling In The Heart Of The Surrey Hills
The original Dorking Cycling Club was formed in May 1887 by a group of tradesmen, with over 100 members by 1900. Some 124 years after its original conception, Dorking Cycling Club was re-established in August 2011. Our Club aims are to
- Develop, encourage and inspire local cycling talent &
- Provide a safe, social, friendly and inclusive environment for cyclists of all levels of ability
Club rides consist of 25-45 mile routes leaving Dorking Sports Centre every Sunday morning at 09:00. There is a wide range of Groups, with average speeds ranging from 12mph to 20mph+
DCC members are active in Road Races; Time Trials, Hill Climbs and sportives. The Club promotes a number of events, including:
- Club Time Trial around the Olympic Box Hill Loop
- East Surrey HardRiders Time Trial
- Denbies Duels: a Hill Climb with a difference on a closed road in Denbies Vineyard &
- Various Road Races
The Club is also active socially, with Christmas party, Summer BBQ, monthly Club nights through the winter and other social activities.
Dorking Cycling Club also supports a charity each year. In previous years, these have been VICTA, The Children’s Trust Tadworth & Disability Challengers, The Patchwork Gardening Project and Amber. In 2018/19 DCC is supporting Prostate Cancer UK.
Join the Club
Membership is managed through Membermojo