Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Dulwich Hamlet 1-0 St Albans City

2 months ago By Liam Hickey

A first half strike from Nyren Clunis gave The Hamlet a well deserved three points against high flying St Albans.

For Dulwich line up visit here.

Dulwich produced an impressive display to earn a thoroughly deserved three points against high flying St Albans.

After an early chance for the visitors that was scrambled clear, Dulwich produced a flowing move that came close to giving them the lead. Ashley Carew and Dominic Vose combined but Jay May couldn't get a firm enough connection and Snedker was able to claw it out

St Albans saw an effort blocked after good play from Sambou and Kamdjo from which The Hamlet broke away. Nathan Ferguson lofted a pass over the top for Nyren Clunis to break clear but he was thwarted a she tried to round the keeper.

The visitors then had another chance in the 17th minute but Bender could only head over from a free kick. Vose and Carew then unlocked the St Albans defence again but this time Clunis just couldn't reach the ball.

Clunis then broke clear again from a Vose through ball but was again crowded out, before Dulwich took the lead in the 27th minute. Dominic Vose played the ball in to the feet of Jay May who turned it round the corner to Nyren Clunis. The Hamlet striker hitting it first time across the keeper and into the far corner.

Almost immediately, Dulwich were indebted to Quade Taylor who got in a fine challenge in the box to thwart a potential scoring opportunity, but Dulwich could have doubled their lead in the 30th minute.

Having already been set free twice over the top, it was surprising to see Clunis set free for a third time using the same ball over the top, this time the Dulwich player firing inches wide.

Dulwich had a lucky escape in the 36th minute when Preston Edwards spilled the ball twice but the Dulwich defence was able to scramble the ball clear, but there were two further chances for Dulwich to extend their lead that they were unable to convert.

Half Time 1-0

The Hamlet continued to control the second half at the outset and Clunis wasted another chance when he got free on the left but Snedker kept out his effort, although he perhaps should have played it to the unmarked Jay May.

As Dulwich looked to get a second goal, Nathan Ferguson intercepted a clearance and strode forward but his effort came out off the inside of the post, but following the introduction of their substitutes St Albans finally managed to put the Hamlet defence under pressure.

However, Ashley Carew missed a great chance to put the game out of reach, but unmarked at the far post he skewed his shot wide when most expected him to score.

St Albans came very close to an equaliser nine minutes from time when defender Knight struck a volley that beat Preston Edwards but hit the post and Merson couldn't control his follow up effort. It then took a fine block by Okuonghae to block a cross as Dulwich clung on to their lead.

However, the home side regained their composure and comfortably saw out the five minutes of stoppage time; in fact Clunis went close to scoring again deep into injury time.

Final Score 1-0

Updated 20:43 - 3 Nov 2018 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

London Senior Cup v Greenwich Borough The London Senior Cup tie against Greenwich Borough will take place on Tuesday 20th November with a 7.45 Kick Off.
Can You Help Bring The HIll Back To Life The club is seeking volunteers to assist with ‘making ready’ Champion Hill on Saturday 10 November.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Sat 26 Jan
First XI Chelmsford City
League 15:00
Sat 2 Feb
First XI Concord Rangers
League 15:00


Club sponsors