Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Dulwich Hamlet 1-1 Hendon AET - Dulwich win 4-3 on Penalties

7 months ago By Liam Hickey

Two penalty shoot out saves from Amadou Tangara took The Hamlet to promotion

For match details visit here

Early pressure from Hendon saw Josh Walker head over before Dulwich created their first chance when great passing released Reise Allassani into space but LOvelock saved well.

It was Allassani who had a 17th minute effort blocked and who forced a 23rd minute corner as Dulwich began to exert pressure. Nyren Clunis then had an effort that was wide before a mistake from Amadou Tangara gave Hendon the lead. A speculative effort from Ashley Nathaniel-George slipped from his grasp and trickled over the line.

Hendon now were on the ascendancy and Tangara redeemed himself with a fine save to his left from Muir.

Half Time 0-1

After a slow start to the second half Dulwich almost equalised as two 54th minute efforts were scrambled off the line from Ashley Carew but from the ball being returned into the box, Gavin Tomlin scrambled the ball over the line to level the tie.

Three minutes later Dulwich came within inches of taking the lead as Nyren Clunis cut in from the right and smacked his shot against the underside of the bar.

Back came Hendon and Rickie Hayles had to block a goalbound effort, whilst at the other end Lovelock touched over an Anthony Acheampong header. As the game swung end to end, Acheampong had to get back to block a quick break and Tangara tipped a MacLaren effort wide with eight minutes remaining.

As Hendon pushed for a goal, Dulwich's defence stood firm and with seconds left, Nathan Ferguson curled an effort just too high.

Full Time 1-1

In searing heat, it was The Hamlet who pushed for a winner in extra time and, eight minutes in, Nathan Green hit a cross shot from the left that took a deflection and came out off the post.

The only other chance came with three minutes remaining but, after Reise Allassani was fouled, Lovelock held Ashley Carew's free kick.

Final Score 1-1

And so to penalties,

First up was Sam Murphy for Hendon who just beat Tangara to his left. Ashley Carew then sent Lovelock the wrong way before Tangara performed his heroics, saving low from Sprague and Corcoran. In between, Nathan Green scored, whilst Nathan Ferguson saw his saved.

As the lead was just one goal, Uchechi and Muir scored but so did Anthony Aceampong. Therefore, it was left to Dipo Akinyemi to spark a pitch invasion as he confidently converted.

Dulwich win 4-3 on penalties.

Updated 20:34 - 7 May 2018 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

Season Tickets & Admission 2018-19 With the early bird ticket period now finished, the following prices will now apply for Season Tickets and match day admission.
Season Tickets - Early Bird Extended To celebrate reaching the Play Off Final the Early Bird Season Ticket prices are extended until Tuesday 8th May

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Sat 15 Dec
Cup 15:00
Sat 22 Dec
First XI Gloucester City
League 15:00


Club sponsors