Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Dulwich Hamlet 2-1 Thurrock

8 months ago By Liam Hickey

A scrambled winner from Nathan Green with 11 minutes remaining kept Dulwich in the promotion hunt.

For team line ups click here

Dulwich eventually saw off a stubborn Thurrock side that were kept in the game by a string of saves by keeper Ben McNamara

Dulwich got off to a slow start and it took a good save from Amadou Tangara to tip a 3rd minute effort from Connor Weston wide of the post. For Dulwich, the first effort did not arrive until the 7th minute when Reise Allassani fired wide after Quade Taylor had won the ball and passed forward to him.

Nathan Green should have given Dulwich the lead in the 10th minute when Nathan Green was set free on the left and he went round the keeper before being crowded out. Next to pass up a good chance was Reise Allassani who fired too high from a Gavin Tomlin cut back.

The Hamlet took the lead in the 27th minute after Reise Allassani was brought down. Gavin Tomlin stepped over the ball and Ashley Carew placed his shot just inside the left hand post with McNamara rooted to the spot.

Within a minute, McNamara had thwarted Nyren Clunis after he had cut inside from the right hand side. Almost immediately, it took good defending from Quade Taylor to thwart the visitors.

Dulwich should have had a chance to double their lead in the 32nd minute when Reise Allassani was brought down when clear on goal, but the referee ignored his Assistant who was flagging for a spot kick. Allassani was then twice denied by McNamara, as was Gavin Tomlin when he tried to chip the keeper.

Half Time 1-0

Having dominated the first half, Duwlich gifted an equaliser to Thurrock in the 47th minute when Nyren Clunis brought down Nouble in the box. Jordan Clark sent Tangara the wrong way from the spot.

After Ashley Carew had fired a free kick just wide, it took a terric double save from Amadou Tangara to prevent the visitors going ahead. He first dived to his left to claw out an effort and was then up quick to spread himself to keep out the follow up.

Rickie Hayles headed just too high from an Ashley Carew corner, but Thurrock also looked dangerous and Quade Taylor had to cut out a cross from the Dulwich right. It was then the turn of McNamara to thwart Dulwich, clawing out an Ashley Carew free kick that seemed destined for the net.

Thurrock continued to look dangerous and Weston saw his effort deflected behind when he was found in space on their left. Rickie Hayles then saw his header saved by McNamara, whilst Tomlin had two efforts saved.

From the latter save, Ashley Carew floated in the corner and as the ball ricocheted around, Nathan Green headed the ball into the net.

Dulwich managed to see out the last 11 minutes with no alarms to cement second place and secure a guaranteed play off place.

Final Score 2-1

Updated 18:25 - 14 Apr 2018 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

Player of the Season 2017-18 Voting is now open via the website and on the Urban 75 Forum
Don't forget your '50/50' tickets today It's been a while since we've been at home on a Saturday, the more we sell the BIGGER the prize!

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Sat 15 Dec
Cup 15:00
Sat 22 Dec
First XI Gloucester City
League 15:00


Club sponsors