Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Dulwich Hamlet 4-2 Enfield Town

1 year ago By Liam Hickey

Dulwich moved into the play off final against Bognor Regis Town on Monday with a fine win over Enfield Town.

For line ups visit here

Dulwich were able to name what most believe to be their strongest starting XI as they sought to reach a second successive Play Off Final, and they got off to a perfect start taking the lead after just 47 seconds.

The ball was played forward to Gavin Tomlin who turned and slipped the ball through the centre of the Enfield defence. His perfectly weighted pass allowed Ibra Sekajja to fire past visiting keeper Nathan McDonald without breaking stride.

The goal was far too early to be the pivotal moment and Enfield were quickly back in the game with a series of attacks that stretched the Dulwich defence and created a number of set plays that Dulwich did well to defend.

Just coming up to the half hour the crucial moments of the game were played out over a three minute spell. Firstly, a quick break out by Enfield in the 29th minute saw Karl Oliyide get free but his shot lacked power and Preston Edwards saved.

Then a driving run from Gavin Tomlin saw him crowded out and, when the ball fell to Nathan Green, his effort was blocked at the expense of a corner. The resulting corner was cleared beyond the back post from where Matt Drage produced a great cross that was headed home by Ibra Sekajja to double the lead in the 31st minute.

Immmediately from the restart Sekajja robbed Kirby and he then produced an exquisite effort that was perfectly struck and sailed over McDonald to complete his hat trick.

However, the three goal lead lasted only 6 minutes. A corner was not properly cleared and Billy Crook fired home via a significant deflection.

With Enfield now seeing a way back into the game, they searched for a further goal before the break and had a good chance in the last minute of the half,but Kiangebeni missed his kick after the ball had been nodded down.

Half Time 3-1

Enfield continued to be dominant in the early part of the second half, with Harold Joseph failing to hit the target from a fine knock down.

With 54 minutes played, Enfield were denied by a fine save from Preston Edwards low to his right from a Shulton shot.

Dulwich, and Sekajja, tyen almost had a fourth goal on the hour. Once again it was Gavin Tomlin who released him clear on goal but this time McDonald blocked his effort.

However, Dulwich got the crucial goal that reestablished their 3 goal lead in the 65th minute. A terrific passage of passing between Sekajja and Tomlin gave the latter a sight of goal and he fired low past McDonald.

This goal virtually clinched Dulwoch's place in the final and they came close to adding further goals from Carew, whose volley went wide, and Dumaka, whose effort hit the side netting.

Unsurprisingly, Enfield would not accept their fate and, after Preston Edwards had produced a great reflex save from Winterton, Dulwich were unable to clear a corner and Harry Ottaway fired home the loose ball.

Although there were still 5 minutes remaining, Dulwich monopolised possession for the time remaining and sealed their trip to the south coast on Monday.

Final Score 4-2
Attendance 2517

Updated 21:21 - 28 Apr 2017 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

RYMAN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION PLAY OFF FINAL - BOGNOR REGIS TOWN (AWAY) KO 3.00 PM The salty tang of the Sussex sea spray may hang in the air but it is the scent of victory both the Rocks and the Hamlet must chase on Monday.
UPDATED: Arrangements for Play Off v Enfield Town The Play Off semi final will take place at Champion Hill on Thursday 27th April with kick off at 7.45.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Sat 19 Jan
League 15:00
Sat 26 Jan
First XI Chelmsford City
League 15:00


Club sponsors