Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Dulwich Hamlet 4-3 Folkestone Invicta

1 year ago By Liam Hickey

This clash between two of the top three was a thriller right until the final whistle as Dulwich held on to claim all the points.

For line ups and match information click here.

Dulwich made only one change from the side that defeated Kingstonian on New Year's Day, with Michael Chambers returning on the bench, as they made it ten consecutive home league wins.

The match was dominated by the visitors in the early stages as they clearly came with an attacking mindset. However, it was Dulwich who went closest with Rickie Hayles steering the ball just wide at the far post following a Kenny Beaney corner.

Reise Allassani was foiled by a couple of offside calls, as was Michael Onovwigun when he fired home from the edge of the penalty area. However, it was Folkestone who took the lead just before the half hour. A poor Marc Weatherstone pass lead to Rickie Hayles having to cover at the expense of a corner, from which poor defending allowed Ade Yusuff to seize on the loose ball and fire home.

This seemed to galvanise the home side and Sanchez Ming wasted a good chance after Rickie Hayles had played a long ball over the top to him before they levelled in the 39th minute. A foul on Reise Allassani lead to a free kick that Kenny Beaney delivered to the far post. Rickie Hayles headed it back across goal where Marc Weatherstone forced it past Tim Roberts in the visitors goal.

The game was now flowing end to end and Preston Edwards had to make a good low save from a Scott Heard shot before Dulwich went in front right on half time. A cross from the right was headed home by the onrushing Nathan Green at the far post.

Half Time 2-1

The first chance of the second half came in the 55th minute when the impressive Michael Onovwigun surged forward and found Allassani, but Tim Roberts saved his effort at the near post.

A quick break by Folkestone saw an effort from Kieron McCann blocked before Dulwich suffered a blow when Reise Allassani had to be replaced by Nana Boakye-Yiadom, whose first contribution was a lung busting run that almost took him clear of the defence.

The Hamlet then established a two goal lead with a goal from Nyren Clunis in the 63rd minute. Sanchez Ming crossed from the right and Clunis seized on a slip from the Folkestone defender to fire past Roberts.

Dulwich now looked comfortable and seemed destined to add to the lead but a mistake from Preston Edwards was seized on by Yusuff who rolled the ball home to reduce the arrears.

The Hamlet went back on the attack. Nana Bokye-Yiadom had a header saved and Nathan Green fired an effort across goal and narrowly past the far post before Boakye-Yiadom seemed to have made the game safe with five minutes remaining. Played through the middle he held off his marker before rolling the ball past the advancing keeper.

However, back came Folkestone and with a minute of the 90 remaining, Ian Draycott scored a stunning goal from a tight angle to set up a nervous five minutes of added time during which they went close to levelling matters. In the last minute of added time it took a block from Rickie Hayles to ensure that a goalbound effort went for a corner and when Dulwich cleared the corner, the referee blew for full time.

Final Score 4-3
Attendance 2004

Updated 23:09 - 6 Jan 2018 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

Friendly Tonight v Welling Utd Gavin Rose has arranged a friendly for tonight (9th January) against Welling United.
Sponsors for Race Night wanted On Saturday 20th January we are holding a Race Night, to raise funds to get our team to Germany in July

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Sat 26 Jan
First XI Chelmsford City
League 15:00
Sat 2 Feb
First XI Concord Rangers
League 15:00


Club sponsors