Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Enfield Town 3-1 Dulwich Hamlet

1 year ago By Liam Hickey

Dulwich suffered a first away league defeat & a first defeat to Enfield Town whilst being on the end of some controversial decisions .

For match details visit here.

The Hamlet got off to a slow start and put in a disappointing first half performance in which they failed to create many real chances.

Enfield Town threatened early but Anthony Acheampong cut out a dangerous cross from Ryan Blake, whilst the same player blazed well over after seizing on a mistake by Michael Onovwigun.

Dulwich's first effort came from Omar KOroma, who stung the palms of home keeper Joe Wright after Reise Allassani had his effort blocked, whilst Allassani also saw an effort deflected wide.

With both sides struggling to create chances, it was Enfield Town who took the lead in the 28th minute with a goal that only the officials seemed to believe should stand. A long cross to the far post saw Preston Edwards rise and clasp the ball in both hands, but he was then clearly fouled by Simon Thomas jumping behind him. The ball was propelled out of his hands and in to the net and, to everybody's surprise, the goal was allowed to stand.

That was really the last action of a first half that meandered from there to the interval with little goalmouth action and certainly no chances for either side.

Half Time 1-0

The start of the second half saw the introduction of Nyren Clunis for the injured Marc Weatherstone, who had been clattered by the home keeper in the first half and his introduction sparked Dulwich into life.

Within the opening minute an Omar Koroma cross had to be turned over the home goal and it came as little surprise when Dulwich levelled in the 53rd minute. Nathan Ferguson picked up a loose ball and played Reise Allassani in on goal to comfortably beat Wright with ease.

Now it was all Dulwich, and it took a great save from Wright to keep out a free kick from Ashley Carew that seemed destined for the top corner. It then needed a goal line clearance from John Kyriacou to keep the scores level.

Omar Koroma fired too high and a Reise Allassani had an effort deflected wide, whilst an effort from Ashley Carew was cleared off the line. Another Carew free kick was deflected wide and from the resulting corner Quade Taylor saw his header come back off the bar.

Therefore, it wasvery much against the run of play when Enfield regained the lead in the 67th minute. Dulwich failed to get the ball clear and Ryan Blackman was able to advance on goal before thumping a shot high to Preston Edwards' left.

Back came Dulwich and Nathan Ferguson forced a good save from Wright after Quade Taylor had carried the ball out from the back. Omar Koroma wasted a good chance as he shott too high before Dulwich should have been given an 85the minute penalty. Nathan Green saw his header hit the bar and the follow up shot was clearly blocked by a raised hand, but again the referee failed to spot the offence.

With Dulwich pushing forward they were undone deep into injury time as a break out saw the ball squared for substitute Ben Ward-Cochrane to give Preston Edwards no chance with an effort high into the net.

Final Score 3-1

Updated 20:42 - 2 Dec 2017 by Liam Hickey

Where next?

Sponsor Pledges 12th Man Support Waterintobeer to donate 10% of sales at Brockley Christmas Market.
Youth Team keep on winning! There were more victories for our ASPIRE Academy coached youngsters this week in the Kent Youth League & National League Youth Alliance

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Sat 22 Dec
First XI Gloucester City
League 15:00
Wed 26 Dec
League 15:00
Sat 29 Dec
First XI Slough Town
League 15:00


Club sponsors