Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


Metropolitan Police 1-3 Dulwich Hamlet

3 years ago By Liam Hickey

Two goals from Ashley Carew and one from Jacob Erskine gave The Hamlet a rare win against Met Police.

Gavin Rose gave a debut to Jordan Brown signed from Whitehawk at left back with Matt Drage moving to right back. Otherwise, the team was the same as started at Whitehawk on Saturday. However, Kevin James limped off in only the sixth minute to be replaced by Jacob Erskine.

In a low-key opening to the game, the first chance did not arrive until the 11th minute when Ethan Pinnock had to block an effort close to the line.

Dulwich then went close as Jordan Hibbert fired just over the bar from distance whilst Phil Wilson had to produce a good low save from Joe Turner.

Jordan Hibbert went close again with a 24th minute effort from distance that struck the bar before Dulwich took the lead a minute later. Danny Waldren played a clever ball that released Damian Scannell behind the defence.

Scannell reached the ball in front of home keeper Kozakis and nodded the ball beyond him before being flattened by the onrushing keeper. Jacob Erskine was following up and placed the loose ball into the net to give Dulwich the lead. The referee returned to book Kozakis for his challenge.

Dulwich twice went close to extending their lead just past the half hour as Scannell had an effort pushed over and then the same player headed against the crossbar; both chances being created by Rhys Murrell-Williamson.

The second goal arrived in the 38th minute. Damian Scannell was brought down just outside the penalty area and Ashley Carew lifted the free kick beyond a rather statuesque Kozakis.

Met Police came close to reducing the deficit with 2 minutes of the half remaining but Brown was alert and cleared at the far post. At the other end, Kozakis saved well from Erskine after Hibbert had found him with a cross.

Half Time 0-2

The second half was just as slow as the first to produce any action of note. The first effort came in the 52nd minute when Hibbert delivered a cross on to the head of Erskine but Kozakis produced a fine stop.

Scannell had an overhead kick deflected just wide and Erskine outmuscled a defender close to the by-line but his pull back evaded the unmarked Scannell.

Therefore, it came as a surprise when the home side scored in the 62nd minute. A cross into the penalty area was cushioned for Turner to thump past Wilson.

Dulwich went in search of a third goal and Murrell-Williamson created an opening for Erskine but he lost his footing as he stretched to shoot. Rhys Murrell-Williamson then passed up a good opportunity when he shot wide after Matt Drage had linked up with him with a fine cross.

Matt Drage was then in action at the other end, blocking an effort that was goal bound before Dulwich added a third goal. Damian Scannell was brought down in the area by Campbell in the 74th minute and Carew converted from the spot.

Jacob Erskine had another chance and also had a goal disallowed for offside as Dulwich comfortably held on for the 3 points that move them up to third in the table.

Full Time 1-3

Updated 16:35 - 30 Sep 2015 by Paul Griffin

Where next?

Youth Team all set for first midweek League match Our ASPIRE ACADEMY coached youngsters open their midweek afternoon football today
Hamlet Black History Exhibition to be launched on Saturday All Hamlet fans are invited to the Clubhouse at one o'clock when our FIRST EVER Black History Month display will be unveiled by manager GAVIN ROSE

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Sat 19 Jan
League 15:00
Sat 26 Jan
First XI Chelmsford City
League 15:00


Club sponsors