Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Dulwich Hamlet Football Club app


First XI - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Truro City
Dulwich Hamlet
Sun 11 Nov 15:00 - The Vanarama National League - Vanarama National League South Full time Attendance 165

Fightback halted by late slip

A defensive mistake from captain Magnus Okuonghae meant that Dulwich left Devon pointless as Truro ran out 3-2 winners.

For Dulwich team details click here

Dulwich got off to the worst possible start when a second minute cross from the left was only cleared to River Allen who drilled it past Preston Edwards.

The Hamlet struggled to get into the game and Preston Edwards had to be alert to grab a free kick from Rivers that was played from half way but missed by a host of players attacking it, and Pittman had another effort that went just wide.

It was little surprise when Truro extended their lead in the 14th minute. A Nathan Ferguson cross was charged down and the ball was cleared over the top to Pittman. He accelerated past Okuonghae and was one on one with Preston Edwards. The Dulwich keeper saved his effort but it rebounded back off the Truro player and over the line.

This seemed to finally bring Dulwich to life and both Dominic Vose and Nathan Green brought fine saves from home keeper Harvey, who then thwarted Nyren Clunis. Dulwich were now well on top and Iffy Allen had an effort that hit the side netting and Nyren Clunis failed to seize on another chance, poking the ball wide.

Eventually, Dulwich pulled a goal back with four minutes of the half remaining. An Ashley Carew corner was punched clear but was then returned to Carew. He cut inside and fired home.

Half Time 2-1

Dulwich were quickly on top at the start of the second half and were unlucky not to level in the 48th minute when Iffy Allen struck the post after a clever turn on the edge of the box. Dominic Vose then saw Harvey tip his shot over as Dulwich pressed for an equaliser. However, on one break out, PIttman fired inches wide for the home side.

Dulwich equalised in the 55th minute as Nathan Ferguson lofted a pass out to NYren Clunis on the left and he cut in before driving low and hard into the far corner.

From here, it seemed that The Hamlet would go on to win but they then rather lost their way as Truro dug in and Dulwich overplayed in and around the edge of the penalty area. In fact, the closest to a goal came from a shot by Keats that Preston Edwards brilliantly tipped wide.

Clunis fired too high, and later shot wide, whilst Tomlin had a shot deflected over the bar as Dulwich looked like the side who could still win. However, all that went to waste with four minutes remaining. A long ball forward saw Okuonghae appear to foul the Truro player and then just stop playing as if waiting for the whistle. However, Truro played on and when the ball was played across the six yard box, Leigh-Gilchrist had the simple task of firing home.

Final Score 3-2

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Club sponsors