DUNBAR RFC – HEAD COACH/PLAYER COACH
Dunbar RFC is an ambitious club who will play in the RBS East Region League 1 in season 2012/2013. We currently run two senior XVs, an Under 18’s, Under 16’s, Under 15’s and also has a thriving mini section. Dunbar RFC also provides coaches to assist in running the local secondary school rugby within S1, S2 and S3 levels. We are looking for an equally ambitious individual to assist in fulfilling the potential that lies within this club. The successful candidate will have the following:
• Coaching Qualifications
– although UKCC Level 1 is a desirable minimum qualification the prospective coach should at least be working towards it and beyond. Dunbar RFC actively encourage the undertaking of these national coaching qualifications
• Commitment and Enthusiasm
– This position will require a time commitment involving evenings and weekends. We currently train 2 nights a week, Tuesday and Thursday.
– The Head Coach is directly responsible for planning the coaching programme for the season.
– The Head Coach will set the example and standards for the coaching team and squad. As such he/she will need to be able to inspire the coaching team and players to ensure that all involved maximize their potential. He/she may need to make difficult decisions about selection of players etc.
• Team Work
– the Head Coach needs to be able to work effectively with the players, coaches, manager and the committee.
• Rugby Knowledge
– it is expected that the Coach will have the required level of knowledge to enable the player to achieve their potential.
– The Head Coach shall set examples for respect and discipline.
The position is a voluntary position but reasonable expenses will be paid to the successful candidate to cover travel, out of pocket expenses etc. The successful candidate will also be supported in the role by a small, but dedicated team of helpers.
If you would like to find out more, please contact David Wilson
(President) on 07973 488248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org