Update following projects meetings for the AGP Installation and Rugby 365 Community Use Programme
First you might be aware that Martin Pearl sadly lost his mum recently. Martin has generously offered to purchase a new Scoreboard for the club and we will be discussing this with him soon. On behalf of the committee I would like to offer Martin and Gareth our condolences and appreciation of his kindness.
The scoreboard we have in mind will have room for sponsor advertising ~ suggest we start to sound out a few of our sponsors?
Work Carried Out
- Site setup with security fencing erected site compound created.
- Haul road established
- New pitch location set out
- Irrigation system has now been capped off by club
- Dismantle existing 1.2 post and rail fencing, and stored on site
- Dismantle existing floodlights and removed off-site
- One set of goal posts taken down and stored on-site. Second set will be stored this week
- Topsoil strip complete top soil strip.
- topsoil going off site ~ rumoured to be West Essex Golf Course for a new par 3 course ~ suggest we have an Eton Manor Golf Society Day thee to walk again on the hallowed turf!
- Formation complete
- Lapsed Time Camera Installed ~ See on web site
- Work has started on the new changing rooms
Next four weeks:
- Start with stabilisation process
- Drainage works.
- Topsoil continue to go off site
- Power upgrade for Floodlights t0 begin
- Subbase stone import w/c 14th March
- AGP Turf/Carpet on order & line marking plan confirmed, carpet dispatch/delivery date w/c 9th April
- Fencing ordered, and delivery scheduled for the end of March
- RFU agreed to work with club regarding an integrated CCTV approach
- Changing room fit out
- Start of work on the Wild life garden ~
- clear up the planned area and top soil
- remove the advertising scaffold
- Store 44 ton of top soil for work on the two grass pitches in the summer
- Pitch Install
- Tarmac Perimeter
- Scoreboard Installation
- AGP Launch ~ Marketing & Communications Programme (TBC)
Currently 4nr days incurred due to inclement weather. No effects to current program delivery 16th May 2018. Note SIS assumed it was a 14-week contractual delivery but the RFU have confirmed it is 12 weeks. Agreed that the RFU would look into getting World Rug by Accreditation in time for the Marines Launch Game. Possibly. Should the weather remain dry for the next month then the only other problem will be laying/gluing the pitch and rubber crumb if we have a wet April/early May.
Subcontractors / Suppliers
- Groundworks ~ SIS Pitches
- Fencing ~ Duralock/ SIS Fencing
- Synthetic Surfaces ~ SIS Turf (Manufacturing Ltd)
- Floodlighting ~ Halliday lighting Ltd
Next Meeting ~ Wednesday 21st March 13.00
Meeting was attended by :
- Rick Bruin RFU Area Facilities Manager
- Jo Martin RFU Regional Development Manager
- Adrian Boyce RFU Area Development Manager (Richard Hope on Leave)
- Craig Morgan Essex RFU (Facilities & Competitions)
- John Roach Eton Manor RFC (Host Club)
- JH UEL
- Charles Price Woodford RFC Youth Chairman
- Richard Porter? Woodford RFC Under 14’s Coach
- RH Millwall RFC
- MA Wanstead School
- Lloyds Bank / City Leagues
- Kings Cross Steelers
Provisional Bookings 21st May – 31st August 2018
I have booked the following12 hours for the summer period. 2018/19 season bookings will be made after the fixtures are released in July. If we are not planning to use all of our hours over the summer, it has been asked if we could hand some back so that other clubs could try out the pitch. Would suggest we start planning out use of the pitch ASAP. To include, but not limited to eleven/ five a side football, touch rugby, pre-season training, invites for shared sessions with other clubs and age groups etc.
Sunday 10.30 – 14.30 (4 Hours)
Tuesday 18.30 – 21.00 (2.5 Hours)
Thursday 18.30 – 21.00 (2.5 Hours)
Saturday 14.00 – 17.00 (3 Hours)
Other clubs in the Local Rugby Partnership will be able to book online now for the summer season
Pricing for club and Local Club Partnership)
Off Peak £20 per pitch hour (Mid-week daytime) ~ can book half a pitch
Peak £30 per pitch hour (Evenings and Weekends) ~ can book half a pitch
Dave as set up an email account email@example.com to receive/record bookings. We will also receive a weekly summary and have 24x7x365 access to the booking platform. Need to state planning how we manage the bookings for the first few months.
- Wanstead School ~ ideally afternoons subject to having sufficient staff/coaches available. Would look to form a cluster group with other Redbridge schools. Could we notify/feedback any primary/secondary schools we are aware of in Redbridge and surrounding boroughs who might use the pitch?
- Woodford ~ would look at Sundays and possibly Friday evenings
- Millwall ~ Wednesday evenings every two weeks
- UEL ~ Wednesday afternoons subject to fixture list coming out in August 5 – 10 matches per season
- Essex RFU ~ County Funded Educational/Development, Sevens, Touch, Cups and County Games
- Lloyds Bank ~ possibly Wednesday evenings 5- 10 matches per season
- Kings Cross Steelers ~ Currently based at East London RFC but may look at Sunday afternoons?
see time lapse of current works
Updated 15:09 - 30 Mar 2018 by Dave Dennis